Friday, October 31, 2008

Went Shopping

Went to work, but didn't have anything to do. Kim was in a meeting almost all day. We had planned to go to lunch together, but they brought food in for the meeting. At 10:00, I went down to John's office and told him I was taking an early, extended lunch. He hadn't had a chance to do his timesheets yet and neither had any of the other supervisors. That's why I didn't have anything to do. So, I went to Ross to see if they had any more of the cupcake carriers. Michelle had borrowed one for Fox's birthday party and I had seen them there a couple of weeks ago. I had bought one for Tabitha because she was going to carry cupcakes to Hope's school. She loves it. I got to thinking about it and decided to go back and see if they had any left. Yep, two. I bought them both. Michelle, one is for you and I'll probably give the other one away since I don't bake much anymore. As a matter of fact, I think I will give it to Kim tomorrow. She bakes all the time for her granddaughters.

I left Ross and went to Big Lots. Fran and I have been turned on to some really cheap, but nice makeup - E.L.F. It was advertised on Oprah the other day. Fran called me and had me check out the website. Check it out at www.eyeslipsface.com Most of the products are only $1.00. The K-Mart store on Tyndall Parkway and Big Lots carry some of it. I found some yesterday at K-Mart and some at Big Lots today. Neither one carry the same thing. And K-Mart sells it for $1.00, but Big Lots sells it for $1.80. I bought some to try. So far, I like it.

As I was leaving Big Lots, a car pulled into the parking lot and it was Chad and Tabitha. They got out and we talked for a few minutes. Chad is putting in applications everywhere trying to find a job. Tabitha said they prayed together this morning. That is so great. I believe Chad is being drawn back to God through this by having to rely fully on Him. Tabitha is doing well and was able to get all the tests done on her kidneys.

I went back to work after stopping by Wendy's to get a hamburger. I haven't eaten anything from there in years. Got a side salad instead of fries. The hamburger was good and I ate the salad without dressing. I'm trying to do better.

When I got back to work, sure enough, I had some timesheets in the fax machine. So, I got to work and didn't quit until almost 6:00. I called and talked to Michelle. They were at Sea World. I'm sure Fox loved that. They are doing a good job of keeping him occupied. Not only will he remember breaking his leg, but he'll remember all the great things he got to do while recuperating.

I came home and washed a load of clothes. Vance had washed a load before I got home. We have been together so long that we think just alike sometimes.

Now, I think I will head off to bed. Murder She Wrote is almost off, so it's time for me to go to bed.
Goodnight and God bless..........

1 comment:

michellenotdawn said...

Thanks Mom! You are so sweet to think of me!