Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Need a Puppy?

Work was normal. Nothing out of the ordinary happened today. Went to lunch at the marina again. So peaceful. Watched the kids at PCMI climb a huge climbing tower. They looked like they were having fun.

Mama called. She is actually getting money from the Tobacco lawsuit because she has emphysema. The check she received was for $9000.00,but the attorneys get at least 45%, maybe more. She has to sign the check and send it to the attorneys and they will then send her whatever her portion is. I was surprised. I didn't figure she would live to see any money. She wanted me to come by and pick up the check and make a copy of it, then mail it off. I spent about 45 minutes with her.

Tabitha had called earlier and said that Dixie was having puppies (6) and did I have an old blanket they could have. I said I sure did and would bring it on my way to P&W practice. So, I left Mama's, came home and kissed Vance, grabbed the blankets and went to their house. She had 8 by the time I got there. Dixie and Austin are pit bulls. Dixie is black and Austin is brindle. They are the sweetest dogs you will ever meet and they love kids. Not very good watch dogs; they will let you in the yard and in the house and just look at you. Anyway, she had brindle, black and two that were white with black rings around their eyes. So cute. She let me pick them up without any problems. I took a few pictures, but don't have time to upload them right now. It's already after midnight. While I was at church, Tabitha left me a message that she now had 10 puppies. Now, we will have to find homes for them.

We had practice - a song that Scottie wrote - then prayer. I came home, ate supper and started my Bible Study (five nights worth in one night). Vance was asleep in his chair the whole time. I still don't think he's gone to bed even though I have tried to wake him up twice. Vinnie is pacing. He's ready to go to bed and neither one of us is in the bedroom. He will not go to sleep until we do. Shadow will just curl up in the kitchen and sleep until I walk by her to go to bed. Then she goes into the bathroom or curls up outside our bedroom door.

I guess I better get to bed, since it's already after midnight. Will post pictures of the puppies tomorrow.

Goodnight and God bless..................

No comments: