What a busy weekend I had. A friend of mine moved Saturday and I promised to help her. Thank the Lord there were four men who came, too. They moved the big stuff and set it in place in her new apartment. I just had to move lamps, linens, etc. She can't do much because she's been sick for a long time. I helped unload kitchen stuff and put it up. Made sure her bed was made before I left so she'd have a place to sleep. I think I used muscles that haven't been used in years. I was so sore when I left her place.
Mama called while I was there and asked me to stop and get her some milk, so that put me late running my errands. I carried the milk to her and visited awhile, then headed home. Vance was home from playing golf. He started waxing Mama's car while I went to Ross to look for frames. Didn't find what I wanted, but I found some black and white toile dishes that I just loved. I bought a teapot, four cups, a plate and a footed bowl. I think I'm going to have to redo my kitchen in black and white. I'd love to find some more pieces. I got all those things for less than $20.
Came back to the house and Vance grilled chicken. I just layed around on the couch. I was so tired and I started coughing again.
Sunday - Church was awesome. We're seeing miracle healings taking place, people getting saved or rededicating their lives. It's just awesome. I didn't get home until after 1:00. After our regular service, some of the young people got up on the platform and started singing. I had to stick around for that. It was great. Just didn't want to leave church. That's when you know God is truly moving - when you just don't want to leave His presence. Forget about food; He's all you need.
I came home, ate a sandwich and layed down to take a nap. Tabitha called and asked me to come over. Her niece had cut her leg and she wanted me to check and see if it needed stitches. I jumped in the car and took off, praying all the way over there. I know how hard it would have been to try to get her sewed up without a parent available. We would have had to wait for Tiffany to drive from Dothan. But, when I got there and saw the cut, I knew she didn't need stitches. Tabitha and I went to the store and got some bandaids with antibiotic ointment already on them and she was good as new. I stuck around and talked to them for awhile. Chad wasn't feeling too good. He was real sleepy and felt like he had a fever when I hugged him goodbye.
When I got home, I washed some clothes and just sat on the couch and watched golf with Vance. I was too tired and sore to do anything else. I realize I'm not as young as I used to be. I can't do a lot of physical labor anymore. I'm too out of shape.
Today was pretty busy at work. I guess it will be from now on. Ran all the bi-weekly reports for the supervisors. Daddy called and asked me to come by and pick up his check and get him some groceries. Mama called about four times today. Bought Daddy's groceries and carried them to him. Stayed and visited awhile. Started getting sleepy, so I decided I better leave.
Got home and decided to start scanning old photos into my computer. Hurricane season is upon us again and I need to get as many scanned as possible so I'll have CD's instead of having to carry huge Rubbermaid containers of photos with us if we have to evacuate. I scanned 179 photos and have about 200,000 to go. I think it's going to take awhile.
I'm tired and I really need to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless......................
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment