Friday, June 29, 2007

Trouble with Computers

We got to work this morning and found out most of our computer programs were experiencing technical difficulties (to say the least). Most of them were down. I was supposed to enter time on our new timekeeping program between 10:00 and 11:00. Well, I tried. I got one timesheet in and started on another one. I hit SAVE and got an invalid account message. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I had made five entries all to the same account number. The first three were showing invalid and the next two were fine. I had to go back in and correct the ones showing invalid even though they weren't invalid. I tried to input the next timesheet and the system shut down. Kept trying, but never got anymore timesheets completed. If this is the way the system is going to work, we're in big trouble. I can see myself working eight hours at the office and at least eight hours at home trying to get the time in. Not a very good system we've got going here...... I feel sorry for the locations that have totally switched to the new system and can't use the old one as backup. Tomorrow is timesheet day (when we have to have the last pay period entered). If they continue to have the problems I've had all week, I can see them working a lot of overtime.

Went to Captain D's at lunch and got a Parmesan Scampy Chicken dinner. It was good, but as usual, I couldn't eat but about half of it. I did eat a small piece of cake at a reception we had for one of our employees who will be leaving us next week to join her husband at his new job out of state. But, I really didn't want that.

Had to take Daddy to the doctor. He's doing okay, but doesn't get any sleep because of the pain in his legs. Doctor put him on REQUIP to see if that would help. We dropped off his prescriptions then went to the grocery store. I bought him some groceries, took him home, put the groceries up and went back to the drugstore. His meds were supposed to be ready, but they weren't. I went inside and sat down and had to wait at least 45 more minutes. Daddy was supposed to be at the VFW in a pool tournament. He's got to defend his 9-ball championship. I finally got him there at 6:30. I'm sure they waited on him because he's the draw. People come to see if they can beat him. There aren't very many people who can. I finally got home around 7:30.

Watched "Braveheart" for the first time tonight. I don't usually like those kinds of movies, but I couldn't stop watching it. It was a very good movie. Mel Gibson was great in the movie. I've always liked his acting. I kept seeing similarities in the movie to "The Passion of the Christ". Didn't he write or direct both movies?

Didn't think I was going to get my computer to come up tonight. We had a storm come through while I was at work and it knocked the power off. My computer was very slow to come up. I guess I need to crawl under my desk and unplug it every night so it won't get hit by lightning or mess up when the lights go out. You just never know in Florida when a storm is going to pop up.

I'm really tired and I've got a bad headache, so I'm going to bed. I must have been snoring last night, cause Vance kept poking me in the back with his elbow until I finally got up and moved to the couch. I asked him about it tonight and he doesn't remember. Yeah, right!

Goodnight and God bless....................

No comments: