Had to be at work early cause of the safety meeting. Why is it that I never remember to take off early on the days I go in early? I'm so in the habit of getting off at 4:30, that I stay until 4:30 or after, usually after.
Had to send an email to the beach supervisor to let him know that I was still waiting on the timesheets. Finally got them after lunch. I got them all entered before I left. That's a relief, cause I have AED/CPR training all day tomorrow.
I went to Sonic and got a chicken sandwich and couldn't eat but half of it. I got a rootbeer float. That's not a good thing. I have been off carbonated beverages for about 10 years. I sure don't need to get started back. It started raining after lunch. We sure do need the rain.
Mama called several times today. I had to pick up her medicine after work and she wanted a few things from the grocery store. I was concerned about Daddy because he usually calls me every day and he hasn't needed anything this week. I called him when I started to leave work to let him know that I would be in a meeting all day tomorrow and to just call and leave me a message if he needed anything. He said he would need me to go to the store tomorrow. He hasn't been sleeping at night, so he's been sleeping all day. His legs are really bothering him. He said we needed to go over to Grandmama's house and get the walker and wheel chair. His cane just isn't supporting him anymore and he's falling a lot. There's really nothing the doctors can do except neck surgery and he's not about to have that. He said he was not having any surgery ever again.
I picked up Mama's prescriptions and the few things she needed and carried them to her. Couldn't stay but a minute cause I was supposed to pick Hope up to carry her to church. Tonight is Tabitha's last Wednesday of school. She has her final test tomorrow. She's excited about being able to go back to church. Trent was going to Brandon's church for Vacation Bible School. I rushed home, kissed Vance, brushed my teeth, kissed Vance goodbye and headed to Chad's to pick up Hope. It started raining again. I ran in the house and Hope met me at the door and said she wasn't going to church with me. She said she was going to bed instead. She asked me if I could go to church by myself. I told her I could. She said she was just too tired to go. She wanted to go to bed. She told Chad he needed to find her clothes so she could change. So, I left and went to church by myself. Had to type a couple of songs into the song program in our computer. Learned how to do that. We didn't even have any preaching tonight. The song service was awesome. People were really getting ministered to. It definitely wasn't church as usual. While we were singing, I kept hearing the scripture in my spirit from II Chronicles 7:14 - "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." God is talking to us - the Christians. We have to humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways. We have to be the ones to pray and seek His face, not the unsaved people in the world. I felt like He was saying that we have the power to change this land if we will just come away long enough to stand in the gap and pray for our land and the horrible things that are going on today. Even Christians today look like the world. A lot of them dress in clothes that are unacceptable; women dress in tops that are cut too low, dresses that are too short, and they are becoming stumbling blocks for the men of the church. Men look at them and lust after them in their hearts. What does the Bible say? If you lust in your heart, you've already committed adultery. There are also people in the church who are shacking up together and don't think anything of it. Sometimes, that's because preachers are afraid to hurt somebody's feelings and won't preach from the pulpit that it's wrong. Not our pastor - He preaches the Word of God. He doesn't want anybody to go to hell because they never knew they were doing wrong. I also felt like the Lord was saying that we have ungodly soul ties with some friends and those soul ties need to be broken. If we get around friends and begin to act like them, talk like them and forget that we are God's children, then we need to walk away. If we have talked to them about the Lord and they don't want anything to do with Him, then we need to step away and pray for them, but not hang out with them any longer. Because, in the end, it will be easier for us to fall back into the old ways and then turn our backs on God. Satan puts people in our paths who we think our godly people, but they eventually turn us from God and then we realize that they were only there to deceive us. You might just meet these people in church or they go to another church. Well, like my spiritual father, Pastor Fred, used to say "Sitting in church don't make you a Christian, just like sitting in an oven don't make you biscuit." Not everybody who professes to be a Christian is one. They will want to spend time with you doing the things that you love to do, but they have an ulterior motive. That's to draw you away from God. We've got to get back to the things of God.
I know He was talking to me tonight. I need to delve into His Word more than I do. I need to fast and pray for my husband to get into church. I've got unsaved loved ones who need Jesus. I need to be praying for them every day. I've been slack in praying for them. There are hurting people all around me. I need to reach out to them and let them know that Jesus is the only answer. There are people facing divorce that can have their marriages renewed if they will just turn to Jesus for the answer. There are people who need healing in their bodies and their emotions. Jesus is the answer for that, too. He's our only answer. The only way this world will change is if we change. God calls us to call on Him, humble ourselves, pray, seek His face and turn from our wicked ways. Then and only then, will our land be healed, our unsaved loves ones saved.... It's up to us. I want to make a difference. How about you????
Good night and God bless...................
Let Him give you peaceful rest...........
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment