Monday, June 25, 2007

Homecoming Sunday

I am so thankful that the A/C is working. I had to sleep on the couch in front of the fan because it took so long for the house to cool down after being 100 degrees most of the day. But, I actually woke up and grabbed for a throw. It was a little chilly. Felt so good!

Today was the 17th Anniversary of our church. We had a lot of visitors and a lot of talent revealed itself. We had praise and worship, then many, many specials. We have some very talented people in our church. The Children's Choir sang a couple of songs and it was really cute. The two songs they sang were "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" and "Little by Little". They did a great job. Trent was the only boy singing with them. He told me he was very nervous, but he didn't let that stop him.

There were so many wonderful skits and songs. I was taking pictures (of course), so I'll post them in the next few days to my Picasa website. I haven't even downloaded them from my cameras yet.

After church, we had a scrumptious meal. An over-abundance of good food. Needless to say, I didn't prepare anything. I wasn't about to turn on the stove and add more heat to the house yesterday. I would have gone and gotten something, but I was there early for practice and was taking pictures up till the time we went over to eat. I wasn't planning on eating, just taking more pictures. I stayed at the end of the line and when I got inside, there was still more food than all of us could eat. So, I ate. Not much, cause I wasn't very hungry. I did have a taste of peach cobbler. It was so good. I passed on the ice cream to go over it. Allisha came and asked me if I would take pictures July 13th at Jasmine's wedding. I told her I didn't do that anymore. I just can't handle the stress of a wedding with all that's going on in my life right now. Maybe in a few years, I'll start taking them again.

Even eating the small amount I did, I was miserable when I got home. All I wanted to do was take a nap. Vance told me to make out a grocery list before I layed down. Now, how can I think of food when I was so miserable. I couldn't. I just put a few things on there and told him to get whatever he thought he wanted to eat the rest of the week. He does most of the cooking anyway. God love him for that, cause I sure do!

I took a nap, woke up, rolled over and went back to sleep. Just couldn't get comfortable. Finished reading the Michael English book. I never knew he had such a horribe time with drugs after his affair. But, he's really back with the Lord and doing what he does best - sing. I've got to find the CD's that he's made recently. I've got most of them and I really love his music. It was good to see some of the Christians that never gave up on him. No matter how bad a person is, we should never give up on them, cause God loves them no matter what.

After the Nascar race, a movie came on starring Robert Redford. It was called "The Last Castle". I had never seen it before and Vance was watching it, so I started watching it, too. It was about a military prison. Normally, I would have changed the channel to something else when Vance went to bed, but it held my attention. I watched it through to the end. It was a good movie. I know the men would really like it.

I guess I'll upload the pictures to my computer before I go to bed. Have a blessed week and always keep us in your prayers.

Goodnight and God bless....................

No comments: