Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Too Much Going On



Sure didn't want to get up this morning. Would love to just sleep in some mornings since I don't sleep much at night. But, it was a work day, so I had to get up and go. Stopped for my usual Sonic sweet tea fix. Some people have Starbucks, I have Sonic. But I did notice that a little coffee shop is opening in the Winn-Dixie parking lot. If it's a drive-thru, I'll definitely check it out. If our Starbucks was a drive-thru, you can bet I'd be stopping there every morning. Of course, I'd probably gain a 100 lbs. in a year if I did. There's a lot of calories in those big cups of flavored coffee.




Got to work and Paul had to leave at 9:00 to go to the beach office for an inventory. Now, I just don't understand our company. We are so shorthanded and they send everybody to the beach. Randy is still in Atlanta, so that left me all alone in the warehouse. I am not a warehouseman, but my boss and manager seem to think I'm supposed to do what a warehouseman does when they aren't around. I've got to go to forklift training whenever they offer it. I sure don't want to have to use a forklift and try to load a hugh transformer onto a truck - over my head. Nope, it ain't happenin'. I don't mind unloading our trucks onto the loading dock, but I don't want to load stuff high enough off the ground that I could drop it and tear some real expensive piece of equipment up. You know they'd put me on discipline and probably fire me. Thank the Lord the weather looked like rain all day and nobody really needed anything that I couldn't handle. Actually, it was pretty peaceful with everybody gone. I even waited until noon to go to lunch, because most of the crews know the warehouse doors are closed at noon for an hour.




Late this afternoon, one of the servicemen called and said he needed me to sign off some orders for him. He had to switch trucks and this one didn't have a computer. Since somebody forgot to load them on my computer, he had to call DOC to get them loaded. I found out some interesting info from him that I didn't know. With the linemen, I can call up an order and complete it immediately. With a serviceman, you accept the order, wait one full minute, arrive at your destination, wait five full minutes before you can complete the order or it will not be credited to your truck. That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. If a serviceman works the job faster than five minutes, he gets penalized for entering it into the computer. They constantly harp on productivity, but they put these stupid rules in place? Who's thinking up these things? I had five orders to complete. It seemed to take forever to do it. I had to time myself with each order. If I had done it my normal way, he would not have gotten credit for the orders. Tomorrow, I'm going to call DOC and see if I can complete them faster, since the virtual truck is in my name and not a serviceman's name. He would still get credit, cause I enter his name and radio number in the remarks section before I complete a job.




I called and made my mammogram appointment. All you ladies out there, be sure and get those mammograms. It's important. I go every six months cause I've had some problems in the past. No cancer, thank the Lord. Both my grandmothers had breast cancer, so I try to get checked as often as the doctors tell me to. It's also time to make my dermatologist appointment. I think I missed my full body scan last year and I've got a couple of moles on my legs that need to be looked at. The dentist is next. Got a tooth that has gotten real sensitive to hot and cold lately. It's been almost two years since I've seen her and I was always so diligent about going every six months before Daddy got sick. I just hate to take the time off when I'm gone so much already. I think I need to see about this bone spur in my left sinus cavity, too. It's beginning to hurt again and the left side of my face stays swollen a lot. I was supposed to have surgery last March. I feel like I'm falling apart. But, I really feel pretty good most of the time now that I've got my strength back from the pneumonia. Still can't figure out how I managed to get pneumonia. I need to stay in prayer more for myself. I tend to pray for others, but leave myself out. And nobody is going to pray for me if they don't know I need prayer. God knows the things that are wrong with me, but He says we are to pray and ask Him for what we need. So, right now, I'm praying and asking you Lord to heal my body from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. I give You praise that I am healed.




Took a few more pictures of our tree. I was looking up at the tree and I believe the Lord guided that limb down where it would do the least amount of damage. If it had fallen to the West, it would have crashed through our roof. It also missed our A/C unit. I am sooo thankful for that! I looked up into the tree and the only way it could have fallen was straight down, then to the North. I believe it was a limb that stuck straight up in the air and fell straight down, then layed down. If it had been a limb that stuck out to the side, it would have broken other limbs as it fell. You would just have to see it for yourself. I tried to take pictures to prove my point, but they just don't show what I see with the naked eye. God had a hand on that limb and I thank Him for protecting our house. But, we have got to get the tree taken down. There's another big piece of the tree that sticks straight up that looks like it has been struck by lightning and it will be coming down before long. It's the part that this big limb broke off of. You can see it in the picture above right.
Had Praise and Worship practice tonight. It came another downpour while we were there. When I got home, Vinnie was still shook up. He just does not like thunder and lightning anymore. When he was a puppy, he would lay out in the middle of the yard during storms, but not anymore. He cowers under the bed, under the toilet or gets as close to Vance or me as he possibly can; shaking the entire time. You just cannot calm him down until it's over. He may be 13 years old, but he's still got a pretty strong heart.
Speaking of Vinnie, he is bugging me to let him out. Now, that was funny. He wanted out until he heard water dripping off the roof, then he started backing up. I had to force him to go out. He is not a happy camper. :o) Yep, he's already scratching at the door to get back in.
I think it's time I started getting ready for bed. Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments: