Boy, today was a busy, busy day. As a matter of fact, so was yesterday.
Yesterday, I spent the day doing the multitude of timesheets that I have now since I took over the beach crews. It's been going pretty well. Found out during the morning that Gary Golden's retirement reception was that afternoon. I knew about it, but I had forgotten since I've been sick and trying to play catch-up. Since I am the local historian for the power company, I looked through my photo albums to try to find pictures of Gary. Found six of them that were real good, but they were 3x5 and 4x6. I called Sheila and she wanted them 8x10. Kim and I tried to scan them on the copier at work, but the quality just wasn't what I could do from home. So, I took the pictures, jumped in my mother's car and came to the house. It took 5 minutes to scan them, and about 30 minutes to add text and print them out. They turned out great! I was so pleased. Kim called while I was at home and said she would go get us lunch so I didn't have to stop anywhere on my way back to work. Got back to work and she had gotten one dinner to split between us. The one dinner included two pork chops, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, lima beans and two pieces of Texas toast. Splitting it in two was still way too much for me to eat. We've decided that's the way to go. It only cost us $2.52 each for a good home cooked meal. Can't beat that.
After eating and doing a little work, I headed out to the beach office to get the pictures hung up on the board before the reception started. Lisa came to see Gary off. She was in an auto accident, along with three other employees, back in October. She is still recuperating and has had to go on Long Term Disability. She looks good, but she still has a ways to go before she can come back to work. It was so good seeing her. I've missed her smiling face.
The reception was very nice. Several big wigs from Pensacola were there to present Gary with some gifts. When it came time for Gary to say a few words, he choked up and was completely speechless. I have known Gary for 34 years and have never seen that happen to him. As a matter of fact, Betty and I did his paperwork when he was hired.
After the reception, I headed back to the office to get some more work done. The A/C in Mama's car quit working. That's not good for me, cause I don't need to get hot after having pneumonia. I don't want a relapse. I worked until 5:30, then went home. I stopped and ran the car through the car wash and Vance started waxing it when I got home.
Vance is still trying to recover from a sinus infection, so he doesn't have much of an appetite. He said he didn't want any supper and I couldn't think of anything that I really wanted either, so I ended up eating two pieces of toast with jelly and some yogurt. I don't know what did it, but I had the worse case of indigestion I've had in a long time. It was after 1:00 before I could lay down, then I was up at 2:30 and had to go to the couch and prop up with four pillows to keep the acid in check. Since I've been taking the shots everyday for hypoglycemia, I haven't had any acid reflux problems. But, the two weeks I was sick, I didn't take my shots and the acid came back. You can believe I'm taking the shots now!
Today was a very, very busy day. The Substation supervisor has been sick, so I got seven days' worth of timesheets yesterday afternoon. That put me behind, then I found out that ARMS was activated and I had to sign off work orders from three crews today. But, I've always been able to work well under pressure, so I only got stressed really bad once today.
Talked to Mama before lunch. (Didn't tell her the A/C was out on her car. She never uses it anyway. I don't want her to worry about it. Vance and I will pay to have it fixed and just not tell her.) She needed some stuff from Wal-Mart and I was heading that way at lunch so I offered to pick up her stuff. I did not know they were remodeling. I couldn't find anything! I was getting stressed just trying to locate the part of the store to look for the things we needed. Finally found everything - with the help of a Wal-Mart employee. Grabbed some lunch from Chick-Fil-A and carried the stuff to Mama. I told her I couldn't do it after work cause Vance was going to finish waxing her car. I didn't know that I was going to end up working an hour overtime. Had some problems with some of the timesheets and it took awhile to solve the problems.
When I got home, Vance took the car to Wayne's shop to see if he could work on the A/C. Wayne checked it over and seems to think it just needs servicing, so he will do it Sunday morning. Vance said he would drive Mama's car to play golf tomorrow so that I could have A/C. He doesn't want me to get sick again either and most of the time, he doesn't use the A/C. I've promised to help Debb move some things to her new apartment tomorrow morning, so I'll drive my car. I don't plan on doing too much cause there are supposed to be some men to help.
I told myself that I was going to start going to bed before 11:00 and try to get more sleep. Well, it's after 11:00 and I'm not the least bit sleepy. And I'm not one that can just lay in bed without falling asleep. I toss and turn too much. I guess I'll stay up a little longer.
Goodnight and God bless......................
Have a great weekend!
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment