Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We Got a Little Rain!

Boy, did I have a rough night. Just could not sleep. I'm still coughing a little and real tired during the day, but can't sleep at night. Go figure.....

I was a little busy this morning, since we had ARMS up and running. Haven't received timesheets from the beach since last Thursday. Guess I'm going to have to have a talk with the supervisor out there. It's very important that I get them every day or I will just get bogged down and have to work overtime. And the company sure doesn't want that!

We had a Ladies Meeting at church last night. The men have a meeting at the same time and they were having a fish fry and they invited us to join them. Of course, we did. It was so good! We fixed our plates and went into the Children's Church to meet while they met in the Youth Room. We had a great time of fellowship. We prayed for Deanna. Her little dog, Rascal, went missing and then she found out he got run over. She was so upset. I understand, cause our dogs are like members of the family. I get real upset when something happens to my pets. Vinnie is 13 and Shadow is around 9 or 10. I don't know how much longer we will have them. I am not looking forward to when they pass away. Vance will be devastated. When we went on our last cruise, he had me email Kim everyday to make sure they were okay. Now, that's a bit extreme, don't you think? But, with the kids gone, they really keep us on our toes. They are a lot of fun and they really take care of me when I'm sick. They will not leave my side all day. At the meeting, we talked about starting an exercise class for the women and putting in a walking track around the church grounds. We found out you can get a grant for a walking track if you open it up to the neighborhood. That might be a way to draw people in. The pastor's sister used to own a gym and teach aerobics years ago, so she knows what we need to do. I know I'd go if they offerred it. I hate exercising alone. It would be fun exercising with all our ladies. Mrs. Sandi showed us that she can do pushups like the men can. I was impressed. She's been going to kick boxing for about two years now. She looks good. I loved it when I went, but it's not convenient right now. The time is wrong. If it was later, I would be able to go.

We got a good bit of rain this afternoon. It felt so good just walking to my car and getting wet. We didn't get the really bad weather that some people did. I was thankful of that.

Been having trouble with my computer. Vance remoted into it today and thinks he solved the problem. But, I think I've found out what program is causing the problem. My Print Shop program just would not let me print the scrapbook page I created. It hung up my computer. I finally turned it off (which didn't turn it off because updates had to load). When it finally turned off, I tried to turn it back on and it never would load my programs. I crawled under the desk and unplugged the thing and left it off for about an hour. It was slow coming back up, but at least it let me get on the internet. I don't think I will try printing from Print Shop. Before I tried, I had gone into my Adobe Photoshop and printed out some pictures without any problems. I wish I knew more about computers to be able to diagnose and fix the problems. I still need to install my external drive and back up everything.

Went to Praise and Worship practice. We had a good time learning new songs.

Vance fixed chicken and rice for supper. That was so funny, cause I had been thinking today that I would love to have some chicken and rice. I thought I'd fix some this weekend. I come home from church and he's got it in the oven. It was really good, too. He's such a great husband. He takes such good care of me. He knows how tired I am from all the running I do and he has just taken over all the cooking. I never have to worry about what to cook, cause he's got it covered.

I guess I better try to go to bed and get some sleep. Maybe tonight will be better than last night.
Goodnight and God bless....................

Vance went to visit Mama while I was gone to church to talk to her about her car and the things that have been done to it. He's going to make sure that it is in tip-top shape when we get through borrowing it. He replaced the belts this past weekend and he's going to replace the hoses this weekend. The bottom hose will require him to take a lot out of the front of the car to be able to get to it. I was hoping to go to Vance and Michelle's for the weekend, but that won't be happening now. These hoses have never been changed and the car is a '92. They are showing signs of wear.

When I got out of church a friend from Dothan called me. I had sent her a card and left her a message on her answering machine. She had been out of town. She and I share the same birthday, but I'm 9 years older. We have been friends for about 15 years. She's invited me to go to Dothan to a Gospel Sing the end of this month. Eight women from my sister-in-law's church are spending the night at her house and she wanted me to come. I just might go. I think that would be fun.

Today was my standing appointment to get my hair colored, so I didn't take a lunch so that I wouldn't have to show any vacation time. Kim was good enough to run to Wendy's and pick me up a salad. I ate it between entering timesheets. I had forgotten how good their salads are. I'll have to eat there more often.

No comments: