Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm Certified!

Today was my CPR/AED class. I've been taking it every year for the last two decades. It's amazing how many times CPR has changed in all that time. And it changed again from last year. Now, you don't check for a pulse (total waste of time) when you find somebody unconscious. Now, you do 30 compressions to every two breaths. I just pray that I never, ever have to use it on anybody. It was a 3 1/2 hour class. The line service guys are going through a CPR/AED/First Aid class that lasts all day. They have a former Marine Drill Sargent teaching their class and he's so loud that I thought there was an altercation in the assembly room Monday morning. Then, I saw that it was him. He was my instructor last year. You definitely do not get sleepy in his class and he keeps you entertained with all his stories. But, I was glad I had the short version this year. It's something everybody should learn, especially if you have children.

I was pretty busy all afternoon, but it just flew by. Got all my work done except the Transmission timesheets. I get them right before time to go home, so I leave them for Friday. I get a whole week's worth, but that's only about 6-10 timesheets, so it doesn't take too long to enter them.

No rain today. I had heard that we were supposed to have some this afternoon, but it didn't happen. We still need more rain to get us out of the drought condition.

Right before I left to go home, I went down to check and see if there was anything in my basket since my boss will be out of town tomorrow. Nope. Went in the bathroom and was talking to Mary. We haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks. She didn't know that I had pneumonia, but she had come in the bathroom the first week I got sick because I was coughing so bad she wanted to make sure I was okay. I told her that I was over it, but just couldn't get my strength back. She prayed for me. I have to tell her that it worked. I came home and started cleaning house, which I just haven't had the strength to do.

I called Daddy before I left for work, cause I was supposed to go buy groceries for him and he hadn't called and given me a list. When I got him, he said to wait until tomorrow. He just isn't sleeping at night, so he slept most of the day today. I sure hope he's okay. Of course, Mama said she's not sleeping good at night either.

I came home and started cleaning the dining room. I've got so much craft stuff, books, photos, etc. in there. No dining room table cause we haven't eaten in there in years. Maybe eventually it will be a dining room again, or maybe it will just be my craft room. Vance wouldn't eat in there. He eats in his recliner. I found some more pictures that I want to scan. That room is full of pictures! I would love to get cabinets like you see in those really nice craft rooms and get all my stuff organized. Then, maybe I could scrapbook like a normal person.

Mama called to tell me that there was a bad accident down the street from her. She heard the sirens and saw all the traffic backed up in front of her house, so she went out to see what was going on. She said a van or SUV was turned over in the ditch. They took somebody to the hospital in the ambulance. We've been having some pretty bad wrecks around here lately. Our traffic has just gotten so bad. Our roads just aren't equipped to handle all the traffic and people get impatient and get into accidents.

My Aunt Rose called today. My grandmother's estate still hasn't been settled. Our attorney (Daddy and Rose's attorney) will meet with Bett's attorney, my uncle and cousin next week before a judge. We don't have to be there. I wish they would settle it so Daddy and Rose could stop worrying about getting shafted. That's already happened. They just need to forget about it and get on with their lives. It's a shame to see how stuff like this tears family's apart.

It's only 9:30, so I guess I will scan some photos before I go to bed.

Goodnight and God bless......................

No comments: