Boy, this week has flown by. They say time flies when you're having fun. I didn't realize I was having so much fun. :) Stopped and got my 44oz. sweet tea this morning on the way to work. I swear those girls see my car turn in and they start pouring the tea. I was still at the ordering post when the girl brought it to me. She just passed up about five cars in front of me and headed straight for me. I think they like me cause I always give them a $1.00 tip. It makes for an expensive drink, but they have to make a living. They are out in the heat, rain, cold, etc. At least we could all give them a little extra to go with their small salary.
Yeah, Kim was at work this morning! We had our coffee and few minutes of sharing time before I headed back to my office to work. Went over to the Credit Union to get some money and showed Fran pictures of the tree limb that fell in our backyard. That really upset her. She knows where the tree is and she said she wouldn't rest until we got it cut down. I went back to Kim's office and got Mark's number so I could call him to come give me an estimate. Since it was time for lunch, Kim and I decided to try out another restaurant we haven't been to - Chula's. It's a Mexican Restaurant. It was pretty good, but I still haven't found one that could beat the old Taco Tex that used to be here. They had the best Super Chili Burritos I have ever eaten. Even the authentic Mexican Restaurants aren't that good. Vance knows. He's had them before. We only ate half of our meal. I had not eaten anything all morning, but I just wasn't very hungry. Am I losing weight? No, cause I'm not eating enough. My metabolism is probably that of a snail, so every little thing I eat turns into fat. Do I know what to do about it? Yes, but when you're not hungry, you just don't want to eat.
I called and left a message with Mark's answering service that I needed a tree cut down. Chris, our neighbor across the street offered to come over and help cut up the tree. He has two fireplaces and he could use the wood. Hey, that's fine with me. Vance still hasn't gotten his chainsaw to work. Looks like he's going to have to put it in the shop.
Some of the guys came in to my office and were talking about all kinds of different things and we got to laughing so hard I thought the manager in the front office could surely hear us. It was all clean stories - things that have happened on the job. We should all get together and write a book "As the Meter Turns". I think it would be a best seller; possibly a TV show. No, we would only allow clean stories - no sex, no violence. That would never make it on TV.
My life coach called to see how I was doing since she talked to me three months ago. I had to tell her the truth - that I weigh more now than when I was talking to her before; that I'm now helping out with my mother; that I had been sick. It's really funny. I get all this free coaching and I do worse than when I was trying to do it all by myself. And she has a one-track mind. I'm supposed to be eating more fruits and vegetables, walking, getting cardio exercise. I tried to explain that I'm usually on the run at lunch, so I don't have time to sit down and eat the good stuff. I don't get home until late, so I don't have time to go walking. I'm just too tired. I do try to park way away from the stores I go into, so I'll get some exercise there. Then I walk around in the store before I buy anything (that is, if I have time), I've been using 3 lb. weights when I'm sitting around the house to exercise my arms. I really am trying to add a little bit of movement to my day. But, it's just not enough. Eating right also costs more. Fresh fruits and veggies are expensive!
Right before I left work, Mark called me back. I explained about the tree and he said he'd come out sometime on Monday and give me an estimate. He said he'd give me a discounted price. Mark used to work with me and he's a fine Christian man. We used to have a lot of theological discussions. If I had questions about the Bible, I'd ask him to explain it cause he went to seminary and he studies the Bible all the time. I know he and his crew will do a good job. It's sure gonna look funny without that big tree hanging over our house. But, our roof will be able to dry out finally. That's one reason the roof was in such bad shape. It was rotten because it never got any sun to dry it out. I'm sure the mold and mildew problem will be solved, too. That will be a good thing.
I called Daddy to check on him. I haven't seen him all week. He said he was doing fine and didn't need anything. Told me to have a good weekend and he'd talk to me next week. He never calls me on the weekend unless it's an emergency. I forgot to call the doctor to schedule his bloodwork for Monday. I'll have to call Monday and take him on Tuesday. Otherwise, I'll have to cancel his Thursday appointment with the doctor.
Guess I better get to bed. I'm really tired. It's been a long, busy week. Maybe I can sleep in tomorrow. Yeah right. I know that's not happening. I'll be up even though I don't have anything scheduled to do tomorrow (except clean house).
Good night and God bless.................
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment