Thursday, June 21, 2007

Learn Something New Every Day

Hurried to get ready for work to be there for the safety meeting. It was pretty interesting. We watched a video on how they test our rubber goods - gloves, blankets, sticks - that the guys use when working around the high voltage. Kim was in Ft. Walton in a meeting all day, so I didn't get to see and talk to her.

Gene and Paul had to be on the selection committee to fill a job in the warehouse on the beach, so I was in charge of the warehouse again today. I've got to talk to my boss and see if I can't get set up in their place. That would be about $6.00 more an hour for two days. That would sure come in handy. I'm going to check on that tomorrow. Then, if they would set me up for part of the day to a serviceman, I'd have a fabulous check in two weeks. I had to do the computer work for Paul again today. Learn something new every day - yep, I found out Paul did not get credit for those orders he worked yesterday because I signed in under my name and not his. And, they don't have it in the system where they can do anything to make sure he gets the credit. Why was this never thought of? Oh yeah, I forgot, the people who design the systems we use don't have a clue how we use them.

We had so much trouble today with the ARMS computer program. Learn something new every day - I found out why the productivity is down for the servicemen. They spend the majority of the day trying to get their computers to work properly. I was able to sign off one job around 9:00 and then it locked up the system. Called IT and nobody called me back. I didn't even take a lunch cause I was afraid I'd miss their call and I wanted Paul to get credit for the orders he worked. I was so frustrated that I finally went to my boss and told him what was going on and asked him to come look at my computer to see if he could figure it out. Of course, he's never seen the side we work on, so he didn't have a clue. Paul came in while he was at my computer and finally got the things shut down and rebooted. I tried that three times; even unplugged my computer three times and it wouldn't reboot the system. The IT support guy called just as they corrected the problem. That was around 2:30. It took Paul another hour to input the jobs he had completed today. Yeah, that's why productivity is down.

I got off at 3:30 since I worked through lunch. I was so glad to get away from the office. I had a lot of walk-in traffic for the warehouse that I had to deal with while trying to deal with the computer problem. Didn't have any timesheets to do cause none of the supervisors have signed any in the last few days. Tomorrow will probably be another busy day. I sure hope Paul is there tomorrow to take care of the warehouse. They should have a person picked out for the job on the beach by then. I sure hope so.

I came home exhausted. Almost fell asleep on the couch, so I got up and moved around the house. Went to church. It was really good. Pastor is in the hospital, so our other Sammy preached. It was very good. He preached on revival and how it's not a meeting at church, but it's in our hearts daily. We have to be revived daily, then revival can come to the whole church.

Came home, ate and Penny called. We haven't talked in awhile, so we talked till 11:00. We were both yawning, so she got off so she could go to bed. Since I ate late, and had spicy food, I've got to stay up till at least midnight or I won't be able to sleep laying down. I am so tired, I could sleep sitting up in my computer chair. I'm going to try to go and lay down and see if I can go to sleep without any indigestion problems. If I can't, I'm moving to the couch and propping up with several pillows. I'll sleep one way or the other.

Good night and God bless....................

No comments: