Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why Do Dogs Drink From the Toilet?

Can anybody answer that question? Why is it that dogs pass up a clean bowl of water and head for the bathroom to drink out of a not-so-clean toilet? My dogs do it all the time. They will come inside, pass up their water bowl and head for the bathroom. I just don't understand.........

As I was driving to church tonight, I saw a huge dog just laying in someone's driveway. So, I assume it is a nice dog since it wasn't behind a fence or chained up. I've never seen this dog before. I pass the house at least twice a day cause it's only three blocks down my street. Never have I ever seen any kind of animal in their yard. This dog looked like a cross between a German Shepherd and a St. Bernard. It looked like a shepherd, but was the size of a St. Bernard. Huge dog. They have small kids, so I'm guessing it's a very mild, mannered dog. But, you won't see me going in their yard any time soon.

Today was our regular safety meeting. It was actually a good one today. We got to see how some crooks are growing marijuana in $350,000 houses (and above). What an operation! They have everything automated - even the lights are on tracks and move back and forth over the plants. This presentation was to show our linemen and meter readers how to spot these types of houses. Our local police found one at exclusive Bay Point Resort after one of the plants grew too tall, died and the lights caught it on fire. It burned the house down. :)

But, what was really interesting was the theft at one of our warehouses in Destin. It seems a white (stolen) Suburban with black trailer attached, drove onto our property. There were two white males and one white female. One of the men and the woman walked into the office and talked to several of the employees who were in the break room eating lunch. They told them they were American Indians and they had some trinkets they wanted to sell. While they kept the group entertained, the other man got on the forklift and loaded up a reel of 1000MCM copper wire. A full reel is worth over $34,000. This was a partial reel, so it was worth about half that price. He was going back for a second reel when an employee told him to get off the forklift. The man said he had been authorized to get the wire and said he'd show the employee the paperwork. He went to the SUV. While the employee was talking to him and had his back turned, the other two stole the keys out of his truck, jumped into the SUV and took off. This happened Monday around 11:30. They were on our property for over 40 minutes. Can you believe the guts they had to steal from a company with employees watching? We haven't caught them yet. People are getting very brave when it comes to stealing.

Kim and I tried out another new restaurant today at lunch. It's called Sweet Tease. It has coffee, sandwiches, quiches, pasta dishes and some of the best looking desserts you've ever seen. We had a really good Cuban sandwich, red skinned potato salad and chips. Neither one of us could eat it all. Both of us steered clear of the sweets. It is definitely a "sweet tease" cafe. But, I would go back there. Would love to go for breakfast one Saturday. You know it's good when the CSI (or CSU in our town) go there to eat.

After lunch, we went to a used furniture store to look around. I had bought a Duncan Fife dining room table from there this year and Kim was looking for a dining room suite and some end tables. Nothing struck her fancy, so we went back to work. Got back just in time before the rain started falling. Yesterday afternoon, a woman was struck and killed by lightning pretty close to where I live. She was out working in her yard and got struck before it ever started raining. This time of year, you have to be careful. Especially, on the golf course.

Guess I better head off to bed. Goodnight and God bless...................

No comments: