Friday, June 08, 2007

Is It Thursday Already?

Been real busy all week. Still scanning photos into my computer. I'm up to over 6600 in the computer right now. Got to back up tomorrow on CD's. Had to go to Sam's and buy another supply on Tuesday.

Yesterday, there was a tragic accident right in front of where I work. Two twins had come in to pay their bill and were running across the street to catch the bus when they were struck by a car. One of the ladies died soon after arriving at the hospital. The other one died today. It was awful. I feel so sorry for their family. Losing both of them is so sad.

Vance said they were going to repair his truck. Will have to replace the frame and the entire front of the truck. He said they estimated it will cost somewhere around $11,000 to fix it. Too bad they didn't total it out. But, at least the repairs are guaranteed for the life of the truck once they finish. I'm still driving Mama's car and I think she wants it back. She's been getting out a little in her yard and she has hinted that she can't go anywhere because somebody has her car. But, at least we are fixing it up while we have it. Vance waxed it and had the A/C repaired. He's going to make sure the spare tire doesn't have a hole in it. Maybe it just has a slow leak. She asked if he could get the oil changed cause it hasn't been changed since she bought the car. He said he would do that Sunday. I hope I can keep it until we get the truck back. I don't think our insurance will pay for us to rent a car.

Today at lunch, I went to PayLess Shoes looking for a pair of black slip-ons for Mama. She had seen a pair that I was wearing and wanted some like them. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where I bought them. I know I bought a couple of pairs of shoes around Easter at PayLess, but I couldn't find any for her. Went to Sally's to try and find some nail polish by OPI called "I'm really not a waitress." They don't sell OPI. Guess I'll have to go to a nail salon to buy some. Thought it all was a wasted trip until I went into Michael's. I found the frames I was looking for and they were on sale - two for $6.00. I bought four cause I had four mats at home to fit them. Then I found 12x12 frames for $5.00 each. You can frame a whole scrapbook page. I think I'm going to make a page for Hope and Trent to hang in their rooms. While I was in the store, I ran into a Nurse Practioner that I used to go to. (I would still go to her if her office would file our insurance.) The last time I saw her was about a year ago - in Michael's. She was in the scrapbooking section. I walked up to her and we started talking about scrapbooks. She has finished 62 already and is working on three at a time right now for her daughters. I haven't finished but a couple. Mine are such a hodge podge of photos and themes that I will never finish one. I'll just keep adding to it. I'm trying to get as many photos scanned into my computer as I can, then I would like to start scrapbooking again. Had some ideas as I was scanning tonight. Just got to put them together. Maybe this weekend I can do a page or two.

Well, it's almost midnight and I said I was going to start getting more sleep. It hasn't happened since I started feeling better. I'm back to my old habit of staying awake most of the night. So, I better try to get to bed and get some rest.

Good night and God bless........................

I'm still coughing a little, but I think I'm getting better. Just real tired. I know I need to exercise. I have good intentions, but just never get motivated enough to do anything about it.

I came home and started scanning more pictures. Then, I printed out pictures to put in the frames and hung them up over the couch. I think I might go back to Michael's tomorrow and buy some more frames while they have them on sale.

No comments: