Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Better on the Home Front

I sure didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Monday's just seem to come around way too fast. The weekends are just a blur. I got to work and ran some reports for my boss. Decided I was not going to do eSTARS at all this week. I'm too far behind in my work. Kim was in Ft. Walton at a meeting. I miss talking to her. Got busy on my timesheets and would you believe it - I lost one in cyber space somewhere! He was there for the 14th, 15th and 16th, then he just disappeared off the list of employees. I tried everything I could think of to find him, but after 30 minutes, I gave up and emailed the STARS technical support team. Never did find out how they found him, but about an hour later I got an email and he was back. Weird! Very weird! I hope this doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Just ran up the road to Arby's for a sandwich and got back to my desk and ate as fast as I could so I wouldn't use up the entire hour. That way, I can deduct that time from the time I used to take Daddy to the doctor and I won't have to use as much vacation.

Hazel called. Her brother, Buddy, has been diagnosed with colon cancer. He is starting chemo and radiation and then they will try to do surgery. Please pray that it hasn't spread anywhere else in his body. He needs a miracle.

Mama called several times. Her weatherhead (the pipe that connects her electrical wires to her house) has been pulled away from the house about a foot. She cannot afford to be without electricity since she is on oxygen all the time. Chip was supposed to go over this afternoon and look at it and see what could be done. Kim and Kenny went by there this afternoon to check it. It will probably need an electrician to fix it.

I took Daddy to the doctor - the one where Penny and Tiffaney work. Got to see both of them. Daddy is doing good. The kidney infection is gone and the doctor doesn't need to see him for six months. That's a really good thing. After we left the doctor's office, we went by AT&T to see about getting him another phone. He can't hear his ring. The lady was real nice and looked at his phone and found a ring that is loud enough for him to hear, so we didn't have to buy another phone. Had to go to the store for him. As we were on the way to Winn-Dixie, the car kinda coughed (for lack of a better description) and the A/C went off. The car never died, but the A/C was off. I looked and it has a counter on it for about 20 seconds. It counts down and the A/C comes back on. I thought that was pretty cool. I ran in the store and when I got in the car, it wouldn't crank. Daddy got me to lift the hood and he giggled the battery and it started. He said the cables needed to be cleaned. I told Vance about it as soon as I got home and he checked it and said one of the cables wasn't even tightened down. No wonder it quit.

Things are better tonight on the ole home front. It has been two weeks since I gave up caffeine and sugar and five days since Vance has smoked. He's in a better mood and I'm not so emotional. Thank You Lord!!! We stayed in the same room and actually had a conversation. I cooked pizza and he went to bed. I'm so glad the worst is over. Now, I just pray that his health starts to improve now that he's quit smoking. Mine, too. But, his problem is much more serious than mine. Tomorrow night instead of Praise & Worship practice, I'll be going to a weight control class at my doctor's office. Vance is doing great at not eating anything on his list. He got onto me last night for eating potatoes. We had bought those mashed potatoes that you just heat up in the microwave. I didn't want to just throw them out, so I ate some. I'll probably give the rest to the dogs tomorrow night. If he's going to be good, I need to show him that I can, too.

Now, it's time to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless..................

No comments: