Yep, I made it to work today. So glad the migraine is over. Kim and I visited for awhile - not over coffee, cause I don't drink it anymore. I kinda, but then again I don't, miss having a cup every morning. The way I drink coffee was so doctored up, it probably had 500 calories in the cup. I can afford not to consume those empty calories. Still haven't drank any tea. Now, that, I do miss. But, I'm saving a lot of money not stopping at Sonic everyday. Mama called to make sure I was alright. She worries about me.
Decided to work in eSTARS today and see how many timesheets I could get entered. Still haven't been able to enter a full day. Found a few new problems when I went to run some reports. I sure hope they get everything worked out before we go fulltime with this program. I was telling Walter that this program is like one we used in the early days of computers. Very slow and not user friendly. It seems the computer programmers are doing what happens in the fashion industry - bringing back the same type programs we had 20 years ago. You would think they would be even faster with all the modern technology, but all the new ones they have installed lately are much slower than what we had. The company is constantly talking about cutting the fat (getting rid of people), but they give us computer programs that slow us down and we need to hire more people to do the work that one person could do before we got these new programs. Does that make sense to anyone?
Went to the marina at lunch to se
e if I could photograph the osprey nest. To really get some good pictures, I'm going to have to be higher off the ground. You can just barely see the osprey. Wish I could use one of our bucket trucks, but I don't know what account number I could charge that time to. Maybe a conservation account? Nah, I better just leave well enough alone. Ended up going to a sub shop I've never gone to before - Larry's Giant Subs. I got an 8" meatball sub. I have to say, it's better than Subway. I may have to go back there and try some of their salads. They looked pretty good.
Fran had been to Market in Atlanta over the weekend. She goes and starts
buying stuff to sell at Holly Fair in November or December. I bought a purse from her that's kinda like Vera Bradley, but it's patchwork. I love it! I think it's called a Chanel Purse, or maybe Chenille. She had planned on buying some Vera Bradley to sell at Holly Fair, but you have to make a $10,000 purchase to get her stuff. Fran wasn't going to spend that much. Course if she did, I'd be able to get everything at cost. That would have been nice. She has the cutest purses for football fans. They are made out of actual footballs with the team logos on them (FSU, Gators, Alabama, etc.). Cute! But, I don't care anything for football, so that didn't interest me. It might interest some of you out there. If so, let me know and I might can get you one.
By about 2:00, I had a splitting tension headache from working on eSTARS. It makes me so tense. That's when I got up and walked over to see the stuff Fran brought to work from Market. I'm going to have to find out when she's going again and see if I can't go with her. That would be a fun get-a-way.
After work, I had to go buy some groceries for Daddy. Sat and visited with him about an hour, then remembered it was Tuesday, not Monday, and I had to be at church at 6:30. I rushed home to put the fruit I had bought in the refrigerator, kiss Vance and took off for church. I was about 15 minutes late, but we had a work night so it was okay. We cleaned the platform, moved things around, cleaned up some files. Very productive evening.
Came home and Vance had supper cooked (as he does most nights). I had bought some Lipton White Tea, Raspberry flavored. Drank a bottle. It's really good, but I looked on the back and it has 130 calories and 34g of carbs. I'm only supposed to have 20g of carbs a day. Bummer! I thought I had found something I could drink besides water. Nope, guess not. But, I won't let them go to waste. I'll take them to work and see if Kim or somebody else would like to have them.
Decided to work in eSTARS today and see how many timesheets I could get entered. Still haven't been able to enter a full day. Found a few new problems when I went to run some reports. I sure hope they get everything worked out before we go fulltime with this program. I was telling Walter that this program is like one we used in the early days of computers. Very slow and not user friendly. It seems the computer programmers are doing what happens in the fashion industry - bringing back the same type programs we had 20 years ago. You would think they would be even faster with all the modern technology, but all the new ones they have installed lately are much slower than what we had. The company is constantly talking about cutting the fat (getting rid of people), but they give us computer programs that slow us down and we need to hire more people to do the work that one person could do before we got these new programs. Does that make sense to anyone?
Went to the marina at lunch to se
Fran had been to Market in Atlanta over the weekend. She goes and starts
By about 2:00, I had a splitting tension headache from working on eSTARS. It makes me so tense. That's when I got up and walked over to see the stuff Fran brought to work from Market. I'm going to have to find out when she's going again and see if I can't go with her. That would be a fun get-a-way.
After work, I had to go buy some groceries for Daddy. Sat and visited with him about an hour, then remembered it was Tuesday, not Monday, and I had to be at church at 6:30. I rushed home to put the fruit I had bought in the refrigerator, kiss Vance and took off for church. I was about 15 minutes late, but we had a work night so it was okay. We cleaned the platform, moved things around, cleaned up some files. Very productive evening.
Came home and Vance had supper cooked (as he does most nights). I had bought some Lipton White Tea, Raspberry flavored. Drank a bottle. It's really good, but I looked on the back and it has 130 calories and 34g of carbs. I'm only supposed to have 20g of carbs a day. Bummer! I thought I had found something I could drink besides water. Nope, guess not. But, I won't let them go to waste. I'll take them to work and see if Kim or somebody else would like to have them.
Time for bed. I've actually been sleeping better since I started taking Vemma again. It had been many, many weeks since I took it. Just couldn't remember to take it. I'm so bad about taking something every day. Good thing I don't have some life threatening illness; I'd be in trouble. But, I decided since Vance and I were trying to get healthy again that we needed to start taking Vemma again on a daily basis. I gave him a 30 supply of the 2 oz. bottles and I have the big bottles in the refrigerator at work, plus we have some at home. I started taking it Friday and Vance started taking it again today. This time, I'm going to stick with it. It brought Olga and Ron's cholesterol down and also they were able to cut their thyroid medication in half. They have been religiously taking it since last June. In less than three months, they were able to come off their cholesterol medication. I'm looking for it to keep my sugar under control and bring Vance's cholesterol down. I know I feel better when I'm taking it.
Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments:
Post a Comment