Thursday, July 26, 2007

Things Getting Better

Had planned to get up 30 minutes early and walk on the treadmill. Forgot today was Wednesday and I get up early so I can get to work early. Didn't make it to the treadmill. But I strapped on my pedometer as soon as I got up and vowed to walk more than 3000 steps during the day.

We had our safety meeting. It was boring. As usual, nothing pertains to my job. I had three people tell me that I looked like I had lost weight. Yep, the outfit I wore today; I think I'll just wear it every day. :) I have lost 10 lbs. since April, but I didn't think anybody would notice. It made me feel good that somebody did though.

Mama called and I told her about replacing the battery on her car. She laughed and reminded me of our conversation of two weeks ago when she said "By the time you give me back my car, you'll have to buy a new battery and tires." I told her I was not going to buy her new tires and she better not be speaking a flat tire over me. Her tires are in great shape. She tried to get me to take the money out of her account, but I told her that I would do no such thing. If we had been forced to rent a car for two months, it would have cost a lot more than the parts we've bought for her car. She said she didn't know if she would even be able to drive when she got the car back. I don't think she will have any problem.

Kim was out sick again today. I called and not only is she sick, but so are all three of her granddaughters. I prayed that they would all get better and get back to normal. She got sick at a wedding this weekend. Somebody came to the wedding sick and just spread it around. About 15 other people got sick, too. It's a nasty virus.

I went to lunch and went through the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A. Car did fine today, thank the Lord. Went to the drug store and picked up Daddy's medicine, then to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for him and to stock up on some snacks. I've got to remember to eat something between meals. That's going to be hard to do. Carried Daddy his medicine and rushed back to work to eat my lunch.

Had to go by Mama's after work and drop off some money to her. She pays the young man next door to do little odd jobs for her. Like take out her trash and bring in her mail. The doctor told her not to even go outside since it was so hot. Does she listen? No. She goes out and waters plants and feeds her fish.

Rushed home to brush my teeth and kiss Vance and head for church. Three more people said that they could tell I had lost weight. I think it's the black pants. Yeah, I'm gonna have to just start wearing black pants all the time. Had a great service. Pastor Sammy had his pacemaker tuned up today and he was going strong. You could tell he felt great. Hope and Trent said they are excited about spending the night with us on Friday.

I got home and Vance had supper ready. I changed clothes and ate. He's been smoke-free for 7 days today. I'm so proud of him. We went to bed and he talked about how it was hard, but that he was determined and he had passed a major test on Saturday when he went to play golf and didn't smoke. He also has given up his cokes and is drinking water instead. I'm doing better, too. He, too, said he could tell I had lost weight. I think it's the hair. I probably lost about five pounds when Marsha cut my hair yesterday.

Even with the snacks between meals, I still didn't eat 1000 calories today. I've got to try to do better tomorrow. It's funny - most people think you have to starve yourself to lose weight and I have to eat to lose. Got to get that metabolism working again. I did manage to walk over 5000 steps today. That's a little improvement. If it's not too hot, I'm going to start doing laps around the inside of the warehouse in the afternoons before I go home. I did one lap today, but I was in heels and my feet hurt on the concrete floor. I'll change shoes and get to moving. One thing Connie said in her class that I thought was pretty cool - "I'm not an overeater; I'm an undermover." I may just have to make me a T-shirt with that on it.

It's time for me to get my beauty sleep. Before I go to bed, I pray that Sharon's surgery went well today and that she's recovering quickly, without any pain.

Goodnight and God bless................

No comments: