Another busy timesheet day. Vance had jury duty today, so he got to sleep late. I had timesheets, so I hit it hard and heavy when I got to work. Talked to Kim for just a minute, then headed to my office to hit the keys.
Mama called. Her weatherhead had pulled loose from her house - the pole on the other end is leaning and pulled it off. Chip and his crew stopped my this morning to see if they could fix it, but there wasn't enough slack in the wire to be able to put it back in place. Kim was in my office when I got off the phone. When I told her, she said she'd go talk to Kenny and see what could be done. I went down a few minutes later, talked to Kenny and Sid and they were ready to send a crew out this afternoon to pull new wire and let Chip reconnect the weatherhead. Called Chip and he couldn't do it until Monday morning. He said it would be fine over the weekend. So, Monday morning they will send a crew out to take care of it.
We had our two year no accident celebration luncheon today - steak, baked potato, green beans, roll, salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yes, I ate. I managed to go over 1300 calories today. That kinda scares me. I don't want to make a habit of that. Since I ate all that, I didn't eat any snacks. My boss pulled me over to the side after the meal and asked if I would be able to help them out. Due to budget cuts, we are letting the security guards go at the offices. The guard was the one who closed and locked the east gate every day. Kenny said since I'm the last one to leave after most people in our building have left (unless Kim stays late), would I be responsible for closing and locking the gate every afternoon. I told him I'd be glad to, but there were some afternoons (due to Daddy's doctor's appointments) that I wouldn't be able to do it. He said for me just to let him know and he'd designate somebody else on those days. So, looks like I'm the new Gatekeeper for Gulf Power.
Kim got a call from her sister that her mother was just taken to the hospital. She lives in Tennessee. Kim was going to drive there tonight when she got off work. Her sister said it looked like her body was shutting down. I pray that Kim will be able to see her and bring comfort to her and be able to talk to her about the Lord. I prayed for Kim before I left work.
Michelle called and she thinks they will be able to come to Hope's birthday party tomorrow. That is awesome! Fox will get to see his cousins and we'll all get to see Vance, Michelle and Fox.
I picked up Hope and Trent after work and brought them home with me. Today is Chad and Tabitha's anniversary. Chad gave Tabitha a dozen red roses and they are going out tonight. The kids played with PawPaw while I talked on the phone with Mama. She needs me to go get her some groceries tomorrow. I told her it would probably be after 4:00, because I'll have the kids for a little while in the morning, then I have to go shopping for Hope a present, then we have her party from 1:00 to 4:00. She said that would be fine; anytime I could go to the store.
I took Trent and Hope to see "Shrek, the Third Movie". It was a cute movie. Hope was good until she got sleepy, then she wanted her mama. I got her to sit in my lap and told her we'd go home after the movie. She laid her head on my chest and promptly fell asleep. There was no waking her after the movie. I had to walk clear across the parking lot with her in my arms. A lady asked if she could help me open the door to the car. I told her I was way over in the lot. She said "I feel like I should do something to help you." I thanked her and told her that Trent would be able to open the door. I don't think she saw him when she asked if she could help. She had three or four little kids with her, so I'm sure she's probably had to do the same thing once or twice. Hope slept all the way home and I changed her clothes and she never woke up. Trent was pretty tired, too. He was asleep before I got the light turned out. Now it's my turn. I'm off to bed. Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments:
Post a Comment