Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Gang's All Here!






The birthday girls, Hope and Katelynn.








The kids slept all night. Hope was still asleep when I got up. Trent was just waking up. We let Hope sleep a little longer until Trent couldn't stand it and he woke her up. I cooked pancakes for their breakfast (scrambled eggs for me). We played for a while, then around 10:00 I took Hope home. Trent and I went shopping for her birthday party. She and her cousin, Katelynn, were sharing a party at the skating rink. I bought a Dora vegetable stand and some toys to go in the tub. Tabitha said she didn't have any. Bought Trent a shirt, hat and pair of shorts. Bought Katelynn a pink camo purse. We had to rush home and wrap them, so we were about 20 minutes late.



Got to the skating rink and everybody was on skates. I decided to be on the safe side and take pictures. It's been over 20 years since I was on skates. I used to teach skating to little kids when I was in high school. Could dance on skates; but that was then. I'm a little more careful now that I'm over 50. Even though my doctor said one of the best exercises is in-line skating. Maybe when I get some of this weight off, I'll try skating again. That would be good to take the kids on Saturday mornings.

Chad and Tabitha didn't know that Vance, Michelle and Fox were coming. Boy, were they surprised when they walked in. It was a good party. Hope and Katelynn got a lot of gifts. Katelynn loved the purse I gave her. She put it over her shoulder and took off skating. She wouldn't put it down. She's a sweet little girl. I'm glad she liked it.


Katelynn and the purse I gave her.



After the party, Vance, Michelle, Fox, Vance and I went to Appleby's to eat. Chad and Tabitha had a houseful of company with more on the way.



After we got home, Vance took a nap and I got on the computer to process the pictures I had taken. Got some good ones.







No comments: