I always turn the TV to TBN in the morning to watch Paula White while I'm getting ready for work and turn the volume up as high as it will go so I can hear while I'm in the bathroom. This morning, she had Dr. Joe Christiano talking about Blood Types and Body Types. I had heard years ago, that the type blood you have has a lot to do with your overall health and the type foods you are supposed to eat. A couple of years ago when I was having the Minere's attacks so frequently and went to the health food store to get help, the doctor there gave me a card with the types of food I was supposed to eat for my blood type. Of course, I didn't pay it any mind because I wasn't supposed to eat the kinds of foods that I love. Over the years, I've met several people who have started eating according to their blood types and they have lost weight and have been able to get off a lot of medications. So, after hearing Dr. Joe this morning, I decided to go get his book "Bloodtypes Bodytypes and You". After Paula went off, another program came on and the preacher was talking to a guy named Reubin. I can't remember his first name. I've got his book "The Maker's Diet" at work. He was dying of about 15 diseases and was wasting away to nothing when he started doing all natural cures and he is healthy as a horse now. Today, he was talking about diabetes. I didn't get to listen because I had to go to work. I'll have to look up that chapter in his book.
When I got to work, I told Kim about the blood type diets. She was interested, so I went at lunch and bought us both a book. I'm type 0 so I can have animal protein. She can't, but she can have seafood. I swung by Captain D's and got baked chicken, baked potato and steamed veggies. Looked through the book as I was eating and found out I'm not supposed to have white potatoes, but I can have sweet potatoes. I really already knew that, but figured the baked potato was better than corn, coleslaw or fries. I'm sure I won't be able to stick to the diet every day of the year, but I'm going to try my best. I am ready to get this weight off and get my health back!
It is still so stressful trying to work with eSTARS. I'm trying to input as much as I can between now and Aug. 1 when we have the official training. I think I'm the only crew timekeeper in the company who is working on eSTARS. That puts a load on me to try to find all the problems before our training sessions. I'm trying to come up with all types of scenarios to see how it's handled in eSTARS. I've found some problems, a lot of problems. I just pray they can work them out before they deactivate STARS.
Oh, yes, I found my cell phone. Vance had tried calling it last night when I got home and we couldn't hear it. It was still set to Silent from when I was at practice Tuesday night. I looked everywhere and finally went to put some clothes in the hamper and found it in a pair of shorts I had worn when I got home from church Tuesday night. I had been expecting Penny to call me back. I couldn't have heard her if she did, but I didn't know that. There were 8 missed calls.
Mama called and asked me to pick up her prescriptions and get a few groceries whenever I got off work. I did and sat and talked to her until 7:00. I kept expecting Fran to call and let me know if they were going out to eat tonight with our friends, Gail and Cindi, who are here from Georgia. She took off with them today to go to the beach. I can't take any vacation cause I'm fast running out and I've got a bunch more doctor's appointments to take my parents to before the end of the year. Of course, my aunt helps with Mama, so that is such a blessing. Fran never called, so I don't guess they decided to go out tonight.
Vance and I are going to try to eat better and take care of ourselves. His cholesterol is high, plus he has problems with his legs. He's got to stop smoking and the doctor gave him a prescription for something to help him. He started eating fruit today and we had a salad for supper. He and I have the same blood type, so we will be able to eat the same things. Of course, he doesn't need to lose weight; he actually needs to gain some. He weighs less now than he did in high school. No fair!!!
Well, I guess I need to go to bed. Goodnight and God bless......................
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment