Thursday, July 12, 2007

No more sugar

Went to another doctor's appointment today (had one yesterday, too). My blood sugar is up close to the limit where I will become a diabetic if I don't do something. So, you know what that means - NO MORE SUGAR! Or at least, only on special occasions. I've lost 8 lbs since April, so that's good. I would have been happier if it had been 8 lbs. per month since April, but that's not realistic for me. I would have lost more if I was eating more food. The doctor (who also happens to be a dietician) got on to me for not eating enough food. I am supposed to eat something every 2 hours. That is so hard. Today, I didn't put anything in my mouth until 11:30. I just wasn't hungry. No more grits. Do you know how us Southern Girls love our grits? That's gonna be hard. I love having a bowl of grits for breakfast. And it's so easy. Now, I guess I'll have oatmeal (is that allowed? I guess I'll have to look at my diet and see.). I'm also supposed to start exercising every day. Yeah, when am I going to do that - midnight? Then, I wouldn't be able to sleep. It was 9:45 when I got home tonight. I can't exercise that late. Life just isn't getting any easier the older I get. Nope, it's getting harder and harder every day.

But, I have a good attitude. I can laugh at the stupid things I do. Like, I left the safety meeting today at 7:45 to go to the doctor. I didn't even look at the hour hand on the clock, just the minute hand. Why I thought I was supposed to leave, I just don't know. I got in my car and got half way to the doctor's office when I noticed the digital clock on my dash. It said 7:56. That's when it hit me - my appointment wasn't until 9:15! I turned around and went back to work for another hour. Stressed, nah, whatever gave you that idea!!!

Another thing I did today - lost my cell phone. Couldn't find it before I left for work. Then, I worried all day about where it could have been. Saw huge storm clouds over my side of town and worried that it had fallen out of my pocket and was getting rained on. I knew everybody and their brother would be calling me today. I even called the doctor's office to make an appointment for my husband and gave them my cell phone to call me back. Duh! Forgot I didn't have it with me. Good thing I gave them my home phone number, too. There was a message from them waiting on the answering machine when I got home. I had missed 8 calls on my cell phone. I know Tabitha must have wondered why I didn't call her back before she went to work. I know she was calling to remind me to pick up the kids for church tonight. She had to work.

I did remember to pick up the kids, but forgot Penny had called and asked me to pick up Swayde. Thank goodness she called before I left work and told me she had managed to get off and pick him up. I would have left the poor kid at daycare. Stressed - who me?

Now, I've lost my pocket calendar. I can't live without that thing. I have everybody's doctor's appointments listed in there. I don't have them written down anywhere else! Now, I've got to call all the doctors and see when the appointments are. Stressed? Stressed? Spelled backwards it spells desserts - that's my whole problem; I'm not eating sugar anymore. It's affecting my memory. Ohhhhhh, I need sugar!!!!!!!!

What I really need is to go to bed. I'm really getting tired. Goodnight and God bless...........

1 comment:

sharon b said...

Pat, did you find your cell phone. I dial mine in the house and usually find it laying on the counter undersomething.. Stop and take some deep breaths.. Congrats on the 8 pound.. Hurrah.. and eating at Capt D's and Sonic tea.. You go girl..You need to learn the word No and slow down.. You can not be all things to everyone.. God Bless