I can hear the fireworks being shot off over the bay while I type this. Vinnie and Shadow wanted to go outside a few minutes ago, so I let them out. Before I could get 10 steps away from the door, they were scratching to get back in. I couldn't understand why they were in such a hurry until I walked into the living room and heard the fireworks exploding. Now, they are both laying at my feet. Vinnie wanted under the desk, but I wouldn't let him. That's where my computer is plugged in and he's gone up under there and unplugged stuff from the back of my computer before.
I had the best day today. Went to Tallahassee to visit with Vance, Michelle and Fox. Poor Fox was having a bit of trouble with his new teeth coming in and he was fussy. That's just not like him. He's such a happy baby. But, when he wasn't fussy, he was so cute. He's crawling everywhere and pulling up on the furniture, wall, etc. He's very mobile. He would crawl away, then turn back to make sure I was looking at him. Then, he'd break into this big smile and take off again. Most of the time, he wanted his mama to hold him instead of Vance or me. When a baby isn't feeling well, they always want their mama. He's eating good with his two little teeth. He loves toast.
Michelle, Fox and I went to Target to pick up a few things. We found him some shorts for a little over a $1.00 a pair. I was hoping the cubes that I wanted were on sale, but nope. They cost $24.99 each. I'll wait for a sale. Michelle went through her closet and gave me some clothes to give to Tabitha, plus baby clothes to give back to Tonya.
Michelle cooked us a good supper and I left soon after. Lee and Gloria had called earlier and told me it was raining on Hwy 231. I wanted to get home before dark especially if I had to drive in the rain. It was beautiful in Tallahassee. It never did rain on me going home. Had a great drive. For a holiday, there really wasn't much traffic on the roads. I was surprised. But the Highway Patrol were everywhere. And everytime I saw one, he had somebody pulled over - probably for speeding. I was very careful. I used the cruise control and never drove over 2 mph above the speed limit. I sure didn't want a ticket.
Vance and the dogs were happy to see me when I got home. It's nice being missed.
Michelle invited me to come anytime I wanted to get away. I may take her up on that more often than I have in the past. Sometimes it just does you good to go someplace different. And I love visiting with them. I loved Michelle from the very first time I laid eyes on her. She's been a good wife for Vance and a wonderful mother to Fox. God gave my boys such precious wives and both Michelle and Tabitha are super mothers. Prayer works. I prayed for my boys' wives before they were even old enough to think about the opposite sex. You need to start praying when your child is born for God to bring them the perfect mate.
It's been a wonderful day, but it seems like I'm winding down now. I guess I better get ready for bed. The holiday is almost over and it's back to work tomorrow.
Goodnight and God bless....................
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment