Woke up thinking it was Tuesday (since I was out Monday with a migraine), so I took my time getting ready for work. As I was heading out the door, I realized it was Wednesday and I was going to be late for the safety meeting. Just a few minutes, but late none the less. As usual, there was nothing they went over that pertained to my job or that I even understood what they were talking about. When they talk about line material, I don't relate. Found out they were having forklift training today. Nobody told me and they didn't sign me up for today's training. I'll have to go next Wednesday. I'm finally going to get certified again on the forklift. Will I ever use it? Probably not. But, that was a goal that has been on my performance evaluation for about four years. I'll finally meet one goal that I've set in my life. I usually sabotage all my goals and never realize them.
Worked on eSTARS all day. Yes, I had problems, but I'm getting a little faster at clicking that mouse between rows. I think I got a little more done today than I've been getting done. Still haven't done a complete days work, but I'm getting a little closer to that goal, too. I won't give up until I get it done.
Went to Cato's at lunch to check out their sales rack. Couldn't find anything but a brown and white striped pullover shirt. Most of the blouses and shirts are 100% cotton and have to be ironed. Not my idea of a good time. I don't like ironing and won't do it if I can get away with it. One of the guys at work shared with me a product he takes with him every time he travels. It's called Downy Wrinkle Releaser. You just spray it on your clothes and the wrinkles fall out. I use it all the time. It's absolutely fabulous! If you haven't tried it, you need to. You won't have to use your iron except on set-in wrinkles.
Finally got around to making a booklet of all the pictures I took at our last year's Ladies Chill Out at the beach. Once a year, a group of ladies from our church try to go to the beach and stay overnight. It's like a big slumber party. Where we stay is right on the beach and each room can sleeps nine people. I think we had five in our room last year. We all show up when we can on Friday. Some go for the whole day, but most of us go after work. We sit around and talk, then go someplace to eat (Waffle House last year-great food), then we all get together in one room in our pj's and share a little about ourselves, share scriptures and just get to know one another. It's so much fun. We laugh and cry together. On Saturday, we get up and head for the beach to walk, swim or just lay out. Me, I'm not putting on a bathing suit. Not until I get this weight off. Of course, I take my camera and take bunches of pictures. To get back to the booklet, I made it for Sarah, our Ladies Ministry President. Gave it to her tonight at church. She loved it. Once she saw it, she talked to Pastor and they are commissioning me to make calendars at the end of this year to sell. It will be full of pictures I've taken at different events we've had at the church. I will also put in all the members' birthdays that we have on file, so everybody who buys a calendar will know when a birthday is rolling around. I think they are trying to get me to go into business with my pictures. If somebody will manage the money and how much to charge, I'll be more than happy to take the pictures and make all the calendars and whatever else we come up with. I've always wanted to do things with my photos. Maybe there is somebody in church who can market my products or show me how to do it. I usually give everything away; I need to know how to make money with my God-given talent. I've done notecards, but I ended up giving most of them away, too. Sold a few, but now very many. Fran even took some to Holly Fair. Didn't sell any, but some were stolen. At least the thief had good taste.....
Kim ended up going home with a bad migraine. My boss called to tell me she was gone and asked if migraines were contagious. I told him I didn't think so. He said he didn't want to be around us if they were. What's contagious is the stress we've all been under. That's probably what caused both our headaches.
Had a good church service tonight. Several people who used to go to our church came back tonight. God's bringing back the ones who are supposed to be a part of our ministry who left and have never been satisfied at other churches. That's because God plants you in a church and if you leave before He releases you to go, you will never be satisfied at another church. Take it from someone who knows from experience. A lot of people allow themselves to get "offended" and they leave in a huff. But they are never happy at the next church and the next and the next. They tend to jump church over any little thing that strikes them wrong. They will never be happy until they get back to the original place and get back in fellowship where they belong. I've seen it so many times. We all need to just grow up!
Chad dropped Tabitha and Hope off at church and I got to take them home. I love to do that. Missed my little Trent. He was at Brandon's church. When I dropped them off, Hope was going in to help Tabitha make supper. Such a little girl!
Got a brochure in the mail from LA Weight Loss that says I can join for $99 since I'm a past member. I loved going there and losing the weight, but I don't know if I have the time to go get weighed three times a week. I think I will try the dietitian at my doctor's office first. I have a class to go to next Tuesday night. I'll see how that works. I've already got off to a good start by giving up caffeine and sugar. I noticed my watch wasn't tight on my arm today. Guess I'm losing a little of the puffiness.
Well, I'm sitting here yawning, so I guess I better get in bed. Goodnight and God bless............
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment