I know my writings are pretty boring. Go to work, come home, go to church, work on photos - that's my life.
Yep, I went to work today. Signed on to my computer and my timekeeping program was down. Oh no! I'm already days behind! Went over to the Credit Union to deposit our check from the IRS. It came in yesterday. Thank You, Lord. We can sure use it. Vance's recliner has been broke for months and I sat in it the other night and my back was hurting in just a few minutes. No wonder his back hurts. I told him to go to a furniture store and get another one.
While I was in the CU, my aunt Margurete came in to get money for Mama. It was so good to see her. I told her how much I appreciate all she does for Mama. It really helps me out. She said she knew it would be a lot on me since I'm taking care of Daddy and she didn't mind helping.
When I got back to my office, the program was back up. Thank the Lord. I sat down and didn't get up till lunch. We've got a lot of tension in my office. I work with two men and they are bickering like little kids. They get to yelling at each other and walk out of the office and really yell at each other. I've asked to be gotten out of there, but there are no offices available. A closet would be nice. Or, just let me work from home. Now that our program is on the internet, I could work from home.
Went to Sam's at lunch and dropped off a couple of negatives. I'm going to start getting some pictures enlarged and put them in the gallery downtown. We'll see what happens. I also checked the prices on those digital frames and just can't see purchasing one of those yet. I need to enlarge photos and see how they look before I put them out for people to see and want enlargements and find out they look terrible. Once I get a good supply of enlargements, I'll think about putting them in one of those frames to be put in the gallery.
Came back to work and sat down again. Things were a little better for a few minutes, then the yelling started again. They act like little kids. I'm learning to tune them out. Started playing music to drown them out. I'm not going to let them bring me down. One thing they were talking about is that SoCo may be going to 4, 10 hour days. I wouldn't like that. For one thing, going to work at 6:00 is not my idea of fun. I'm just waking up at that time. Plus, working till 5:00 would put me late for practice and church. If that happens, I'll see if they won't let me work from home. I already have a fax machine that they could send timesheets to. I could go in one day a week to do filing and see everybody. I would get lonely at home.
Bambi came from Pensacola and talked to me for a few minutes this morning. She and I went to Atlanta together last year when they were testing our timekeeping program. She is getting married in December in Key West. She is the sweetest young lady and I am so happy for her. I told her I wanted to hear all the details and see pictures of the wedding. Wish I could go down there and take her pictures for her, but it's December 22nd - too close to Christmas.
I worked till 4:45. Didn't have to work late because I'm almost caught up. Talked to Vance a little before I had to go to practice. He said Tyndall was also talking about going to 10 hour days. I'd rather do that, though, than lose my job. Angie was telling me that over 200 teachers in Tallahassee have already lost their jobs and she is afraid she will lose hers along with all the other administrative assistants. At least she can retire and have money coming in. But, she said she'd have to look for another job. Same with me. I don't know if I could just sit at home all day.
Went to Praise and Worship practice. We just jammed tonight and tried to write a song. Got at least the first verse and part of another one. I think it's going to be a good song.
Well, it's almost midnight and I really need to get some sleep. Just read that not getting enough sleep contributes to obesity. That could be one of my problems, cause I never get enough sleep.
So, Goodnight and God bless..................
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment