Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Well, today is Father's Day and I'd like to wish my husband and sons a very Happy Father's Day (and to any of you fathers out there who might come across this blog). I really had hoped to be spending today in Tallahassee with Vance and his family, but my car had to go in the shop and today was the only day the mechanic could get to it. If it hadn't been a safety issue, I would have just let it slide.

I hope Vance had a good time and that there were plenty of classic cars at their Dad Fest car show today.

We had an awesome church service today. Of course, we honored all the fathers. There were quite a few there today. We've got several men who come by themselves. I don't know if they are married, single or divorced, but they have children; cause they stood up when Pastor asked the fathers to stand. That's something you don't see very often - men coming to church alone. It's usually the women. We have quite a few of those, too; me being one of them.

It was so good seeing Tabitha and the kids in church. They haven't been since they got back from vacation and I really missed seeing them there. Hope ran up to me after church and jumped in my arms and said "Nonna, I really missed you." That just touched my heart. Trent even came over and gave me a big hug. He usually doesn't do that around his friends; he's getting too big for hugs. But he didn't let that bother him today and I was blessed by it.

Since we didn't get to go see Vance, Tabitha and Chad invited us to come to supper. Chad requested potato salad, so I made some to take. We went over there around 5:00. Supper was good - ribs, baked beans, corn and potato salad. The kids were sooo excited about their vacation and had to tell us all about it. Trent leaves for camp tomorrow and he was really excited about that. But Hope was a little sad. She said she was going to miss Trent and he would be gone five days. They are really very close. Trent watches out for his little sister. And she adores him.

Chad gave me the camera they used so I could download the pictures and make them a CD. It was a borrowed camera from one of their friends, so I made them a CD of their pictures, too. Now, they can delete the pictures and free up space on the memory card. Chad and Tabitha got some good pictures. They went to Universal Studios, Wet N Wild and one other park, but I can't remember it. They didn't go to Disney World. The pictures tell the story - they all had a ball! I'm glad they got to go on a real family vacation. I hope they get to go someplace every year. Making memories together is a good thing.

Tomorrow it's back to work, so I guess I better try and get some sleep. Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: