Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord. In everything you do, praise ye the Lord. Just had to say that. God deserves our praise no matter what we are going through, because He is going to bring us through it. Why do we always complain (hey, I'm guilty), when we could get through things faster and with less pain if we'd just start praising the Lord in all our circumstances.

I've got to give Him praise for what He's doing in our church and the lives of the people around me. Pastor Sammy called Mrs. Sandi as she was walking in the church tonight and made her put a microphone up to the phone so we could all hear what he had to say. The man who owns the liquor store on the corner and the asphalt/paving business between our church and the liquor store called Pastor today and told him that his business was slow right now and he wanted to come and pave our entire parking lot for us - FOR FREE! He has been supplying us with rocks to keep the driveway from getting so many holes in it, all for free. Now, he is going to bless us with a parking lot. All he asks in return is that we remember him in our prayers. Isn't that awesome? God is so good.

Was very busy at work today. I don't think there will be many days from now on when I'm not busy. Walked in the Line Service building and the A/C was out again. In the main building, too. My office has it's own A/C unit sitting right above my head, so we were cool. Kim was about to pass out; she was so hot. I went back to the warehouse and got the huge fan we have and pulled it down to her building and plugged it in in the hallway in front of her office so the air would blow in through the open door and into her office. It made a big difference and she was able to work without passing out until they got the unit repaired. The other office has bought portable air conditioners that they can set up.

I haven't been able to exercise since the four times in April, but I've lost some weight anyway. Praise the Lord! My elbow is getting better. It only hurts if I pick up something or turn it wrong. I haven't had to wear the brace in awhile. It's hot and I'm really glad I don't have to wear it. The x-rays came back normal, so it was just tendinitis.

Right after work, had to go to the funeral home. One of our employees passed away this past weekend. Robert Martin was an engineer who went out on disability a couple of years ago. One thing that I remember about Robert was when my brother had cancer and I was taking him back and forth to Pensacola. Vance worked nights at that time and the boys were never home, so I was home alone a lot. I was very depressed and on my worst nights, the phone would ring. Robert would call and would not just chat. He'd ask about my brother, then he would ask if he could pray for my brother and me. Of course, I always said yes. And when he prayed, I would feel the depression lifting. God always spoke to him to call me when I needed it the most. I made sure I told Peggy, his wife, about it. She said that was just like Robert. He was sensitive to other people's pain. I also knew Robert's brother, Darrell. Darrell used to be the Praise and Worship leader at SUMC. I would have to take Vance to church early and would watch them practice. Darrell kept on until he talked me into joining the choir. And the rest is history. I've been in the choir and on the praise team ever since.

One of our neighbors down the street passed away this weekend. His son, Dexter, was one of Chad's best friends. Dexter has kept our A/C running for the last two years. The funeral is Thursday and I'll be there to represent our family. Chad and Tabitha are in Orlando for the week, so Chad won't be able to go. It broke him up when I called him and told him.

Well, gotta get to bed. Was going to print out some pictures, but I'm just way too tired. It's been after midnight every night since Friday, so I think I need some rest. I missed my usual Sunday nap, so I'm tired.

Be blessed and remember to Praise the Lord! If you don't, the rocks will cry out in your place. I'm not gonna let a rock steal my praise. How about you?

No comments: