I kept the grandkids Friday night. Let them paint a "Prince" and "Princess" placque. Hope wanted hers pink. I didn't have pink paint, but had red and white, so I mixed up a fushia color. They ended up mixing all the paints together and making a huge mess, but they had fun. That's what counts. Trent had just come back from a Christian Kid's Camp and he was telling us all about it. He taught Hope the songs they sung. He told me he loved the music and wished he could go to church every night. Wow, that's a change! He got real sick while he was there. He's on medication for ADHD, which makes him not hungry or thirsty, so he would play and play and never stop for snacks or to drink anything. By Wednesday, he was so dehydrated that he almost passed out in the shower. He couldn't walk without help. He ended up in the Nurse's office and she filled him full of fluids and they carried him back to his room in a golf cart. He said he couldn't walk by himself. His counselor sat with him part of the time and Kayla (from our church) sat with him the rest of the day. He slept most of the day. He got up for church - didn't want to miss it. I told him we almost came and got him. He said "Nonna, I would have been so upset if you had. I really had fun at camp." This morning, when Kayla was asking the kids in front of the church "How was church?" all the other kids said "Fine, good", but when she came to Trent he shouted "AWESOME!" They sang a song for us. Trent really got into it.
After Chad picked them up yesterday morning - in a bad rainstorm, I went to Penny's and we (Penny, Tiffaney, Swayde and I) went to Pier Park shopping. Wow, I didn't know there were so many stores out there. Old Navy, Tilly's, Dillards, Penneys, American Eagle, Tootsies Bar and Grill, Five Brothers Burgers, Borders,As Seen On TV, Victoria's Secret, Bed, Bath and Beyond........ We went in so many stores.I bought two shirts for myself and one for Vance. Bed, Bath and Beyond was having a big sale, so we went in there. I love their shower gels and soaps and body lotions. I stocked up. We ate at Five Brothers Burgers. Had the best hamburger I've ever eaten. Would recommend them to anybody who likes burgers. We left there at 3:00 because Tiffaney had a wedding to go to. Tiffaney is going to church now at The Dove. She loves it. I am so glad. She started playing softball on their team and the players are required to attend church. Praise the Lord for whoever got her to play for that team. I'm believing that she will turn her life back over to the Lord and start living for Him again.
I came home and Vance was already home. He had had a good day playing golf. He said he played with a guy who looked and talked just like Kyle Busche, except this guy had a beard.
We were watching the Busche race and Vance fell asleep in my lap. He hasn't done that in ages. Of course, as soon as he was asleep, Vinnie wanted outside. I made him wait for about 15 minutes until I was sure I wouldn't wake Vance up when I got up. Put a pillow under his head and he slept right on.
Church was good this morning. We had a lot of visitors. Two new families came in. I talked to one lady who brought in four children. Invited her back and she said she was looking for a place where the children would get good teaching. I told her we had a good Children's Church. She said she was raising the children. She is either their grandmother or a foster mother, because the children were Hispanic and she's not. Next week is our Homecoming and we're having dinner on the ground, Tommy McCormick will be our guest preacher and we'll have a huge water slide for anybody who wants to play - children and adults. Not me; I'll be taking pictures. I invited her for that and she said they just might come back. She said she really enjoyed the service. Mrs. Sandi preached today, cause Pastor Sammy was sick.
When I got home, I ate and then took a turkey to Chad that Vance had smoked for them. When we ate with them on Father's Day, they talked about wanting turkey legs while they were in Orlando, but they were too expensive. Vance decided to smoke a turkey for them so they could have turkey legs. Chad was very appreciative and said he couldn't wait to cut into it. Vance smoked a turkey breast for us. I had a turkey sandwich for supper. Do you know the turkey breast cost more than the whole turkey? I couldn't believe it when I got home the other day from the store and looked at the receipt.
I slept the rest of the afternoon. Was supposed to go back to church for Bible Study, but when Vance tried to wake me up, I just couldn't wake up. So, I stayed home. Woke up feeling sick to my stomach, but felt better after eating the sandwich.
Now, I think it's time I get ready for bed. Monday comes way too fast..........
Goodnight and God bless.......
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment