I slept late yesterday morning. I guess I needed the extra sleep since I've been staying up past midnight every night working on those wedding pictures. Finally got them finished Saturday night. All in all, I'm pretty happy with them. Sheila has seen the CD's I made of them, so she's happy, too. I hope Sarah and Mike will like the albums I have put together. My biggest problem is how do I charge for the work I've done? That's why I usually give away all that I do, cause I don't know how to charge; or feel that what most other photographers charge is way too much. Most of the photographers around here start out at over $1000 and don't give near the amount of pictures I give to the bride and groom. I took over 300 pictures and that's what they will get. I can't see making somebody choose 20-30 pictures out of 300. How fair is that? That's why I would never make it as a professional. I don't think like they do. And, I don't take pictures like they do. My weddings are from start to finish, some of the normally staged ones, but mostly the ones that really capture the meaning of the day. I like to catch that glance that nobody else sees, the kids playing around when nobody is looking. I like my pictures to tell the whole story.
Today, I went to church and slept most of the afternoon. So, I guess I really did need a lot of sleep to catch up on all that I've lost.
I'm reading a book by Debbie McComber "Twenty Wishes". If I had 20 wishes, what would they be? My number one wish is to see all my family saved. After that, I'm not sure what I would wish for. Do you have any wishes? Things you have dreamed of doing, but haven't done them yet? I'd love to see Alaska and the Grand Canyon.
Okay, it's after midnight again and I think I need to get to bed. Back to work tomorrow and it's timesheet week, so it's gonna be a very busy week.
Goodnight and God bless.............
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment