Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To Go Where You've Never Gone Before

Olga has been trying to hook me up with a gallery owner downtown. She said the lady sells art (including photographs) in her gallery. Yesterday, they were closed. I asked Kim what she was doing for lunch and told her I would buy her lunch if she would go with me to check this place out. We went and talked to the young lady (Sylvia). She just opened up in February and she hasn't got any photographs. People have said they would bring some, but they never have. She said she would love to have some of mine. Mind you, she hasn't even seen any of my work yet. She gets 30% commission off the sales. I told her I wouldn't even know how to price my work. We looked at some of the paintings there - there was one abstract orange something that had a price tag of $1000. Do people really buy this stuff??? A small, probably 12x12, painting of a morning glory bloom was $350. I have some great photos of morning glories. That's an idea. Now, I've got to start picking out pictures. She said they didn't have to be framed, but I would probably mat them. She suggested I buy a digital album and put a bunch in it and she'd put it out to run all the time so people could see all the pictures and pick out what they want and order them. I don't know if I want to invest in that before I see if any of the photos will sell. I may just take an album of 8x10's and then mat some, too. I don't know........ Pray that I can pick out the right photos to put there.

After talking to Sylvia, we walked down the stairs and decided to check out Gaston's restaurant. There was a couple outside working and I thought I recognized them from when I went to church with them as a teenager. We asked them about the food and they said it was really good. So, we went in and we both ordered red beans and rice. It was a good size bowl with two big pieces of garlic toast and a piece of sausage on the side. We both had water. It cost $23.30 for our meals. We decided we wouldn't be going back there. Of course, it was cheaper than my salad and smoothie from Tropical Smoothie the other day. That cost me over $11. Won't be eating there again either. Looks like Taco Bell is the cheapest place to eat. Anyway, while we were in there, the man and his wife ate their meal. She walked out and he stopped at our table to see if we were enjoying our meal. We told him that it was very good. I asked him if his name was Max. He said it was and his wife was Evonne. He said "You look so familiar to me." I told him I used to go to church with him over 40 years ago and told him my name. He remembered me. He said that time had been very kind to me and that I had a beautiful face that he could never forget. (Did that make my day or what?) He called his wife back over and re-introduced us. She didn't remember me, but I remembered her. She always wore her hair very short and spiked when everybody else had the long hair, parted down the middle and the older women wore their hair in buns. We were in a very traditional Pentecostal church, so she stood out like a sore thumb. They are very sweet people and he told us they have been married 40 years. I actually remember when they got married. It was right after I started going there. Anyway, they are still going strong and both looked great. She still has a great figure, with that punk rock haircut.

We had a great time at Praise and Worship practice tonight. We worked on one of Donna's songs. Karen told us next Tuesday was going to be a jam session. She said for us to pray all week that God would give us new songs. She wants the musicians to play and see what they can come up with and maybe one of us will come up with a song. Scottie, Donna, Wilburn and Tony do that all the time, so it should go well. Scottie has already written three songs since Pastor said he wanted new songs to come forth out of us. I'm praying that we all will be able to write songs.

Well, it's thundering outside, so I think I will unplug my computer and go to bed.
Goodnight and God bless...............

No comments: