
Got up Saturday morning after Vance left to go play golf and started getting things done around the house. Ate a bowl of cereal. I don't usually eat breakfast, but I did Saturday.
Around noon, I called Sheila and told her I was heading to Lucas Lake to help her set up for her daughter's wedding. I got there around 1:00, cause I stopped for gas and turned around and went home and changed into work clothes. The wedding was outside at the lake. Of course, the lakes around here are all way down, but you could see it faintly in the background. I helped them set up tables and whatever they wanted me to do. Started taking pictures around 3:00 and finished up around 6:30. Chris, the bride's father, was very good about bringing me something to drink. He could tell I was hot. He pulled me off to the side and said "We want to do something special for you. Whatever you want done in your house that we can do, we want to do it to bless you." (His business is closet organization.) I cried, because it was so sweet of him and I'm not used to accepting gifts from people. I'm a giver, and I have a very hard time accepting when people want to do good things for me. But, I guess I will get with him and see what all he does and see just what he wants to do for us. I know he does good work, cause I've seen some of it and his business is growing. He started out working by himself, now he has people who work for him.
You know, God wants to give us good things, but sometimes we are just too stubborn to accept them. We don't feel worthy, or whatever. Well, I'm going to try to accept the blessings He wants to bestow on me from other people. Tabitha and Michelle, I may need your help deciding what needs to be done.
The wedding was beautiful and the preacher is very untraditional. He basically preaches a sermon during the ceremony and tells the husband what his duties are and the wife what her duties are in the marriage. It was all right out of scripture. He also tells people about Jesus dying on the cross and the salvation message. I wish I had a tape of all that he said. Believe me, it was very different.
The bride was beautiful and everybody looked so nice. I felt sorry for the guys in their black suits. I know they were hot.
I finally got to sit down with a cold glass of lemonade around 7:00. Remember the bowl of cereal. Good thing I ate, cause I didn't have time to stop and eat anything during the reception. I grabbed a cube of cheese and that's all I had until I got home. Thank God for a husband who takes care of the meals. He had supper ready when I got home. What a blessing he is. I ate and he went to bed. I stayed up till midnight uploading pictures and printing.
Sunday was church and we had an awesome time. Pastor Sammy has changed and the anointing is so strong on him right now. What a time we had and such a good sermon about the gifts of the Spirit.
Came home and ate, then sat down at the computer to start printing pictures from the wedding. Stopped around 5:30 to go to Bible study. Came back home around 8:00 and worked on them until midnight.
Went to work today and ran all my reports and helped Kim some. At lunch, I went to Office Max and got more ink and to Target and got two beautiful wedding albums. Target always has the best albums.
After work, I had to go to Winn-Dixie and get groceries for Daddy. Boy, what a mess! They are re-doing all the store and changing things all around so you can't find anything. Even the workers can't find anything. What usually would have taken me about 10 minutes to do took over 30. I only had to get 5 items, but had to walk down every aisle to find them. Even asked and the workers didn't have a clue.
Sat and talked to Daddy for awhile, then came home and got back on the computer. I'm still printing out pictures. Hope to finish tomorrow. But, my problem is what to charge. I could never go into business, cause I hate to charge people for my work. Maybe I should just accept the new closet as payment. I just don't know what to do. I had said I wouldn't do anymore weddings, but Sheila is so precious and would do anything for me, that I just couldn't turn her down. I've turned one down in October, but I've got a lot of birthdays to celebrate in our family in October. I'm not about to schedule a wedding and then find out it's on Fox and Michelle's birthday, or Trent's or Daddy's. Just about every weekend that month is set aside for birthdays.
Guess I better get to bed. It's almost 1:00 am Tuesday morning. And, I've got to get up and go to work in a few hours.
Be blessed..................

No comments:
Post a Comment