Friday, June 20, 2008

Tearful Thursday

Today has been so awesome for me. I can't tell you how many times God has revealed Himself in His creation. I just look up in the sky and see His Glory. First thing this morning as I was heading out to my car, a beautiful red cardinal was waiting on me. He was at the bird feeder right outside my front door. Normally, when I walk out they fly off and I don't see them for awhile. Not his morning. He flew to a bush in the yard and just waited a few minutes, then he flew up on the roof and watched as I backed out of the yard. He was so pretty. "Thank You, Lord, for that beautiful bird."

Then, as I was backing out of the yard, I looked over and saw a beautiful flower that was blooming on a vine that didn't even look like it was going to live last week. I guess the rain we had a few days ago was just what it needed. "Thank You, Lord, for that pretty pink flower and for the rain that gave it life."

Had a pretty normal day at work. Took lunch to Mama and ate at her house. Went through R&L Catering to pick up our food. Lynita is so sweet. She and her husband own the place and we have become friends. She always calls me Mrs. Pat and is just such a blessing. She and Randy always have something good to say and always make me smile. "Thank You, Lord, for people who always show Your love."

Went to Office Max after work, cause I was out of ink for my printer and I need to print some pictures. Praise the Lord! All the paper I use was buy 1, get 1 free. I stocked up. "Thank You, Lord, for that blessing."

Came home and cleaned up a little around the house. Mrs. Sandi called and told me that the kids would be coming back from camp tomorrow between 12:00 and 12:30. I had thought it was 1:30 and I'd told Tabitha that I would pick Trent up. I've got lunch plans with Debb and Kim at 11:30, so I knew I couldn't get there on time. Tried to call Chad and Tabitha and kept getting a busy signal. So, I drove over there to let them know. Nobody was home. Then, I remembered Tabitha was at work, so I drove to Beef O'Brady's. She said she could pick him up. She said Hope would be so excited to see him. While I was there, I ordered some nachos. As I was leaving, I looked up into the night sky and saw the most beautiful orange moon. There were three little clouds crossing the face of the moon and it was just an awesome sight. I broke down and cried. How can people not believe in a Creator? I just don't understand. I thanked Him for sharing that with me. I wish I had been able to take a picture of that. It was so breathtaking. I had to stop just a minute before I left the parking lot just so I could take it all in. If you just look around, God is everywhere you look. "Thank You, Lord, for the beauty You share with the world - saints and sinners alike."

With that said, I'm heading off to bed. Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: