Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where Did the Weekend Go???

The weekends just don't last long enough. Now that they have changed the safety meetings to Monday, guess who forgot to go? Yep, didn't even think about it until right before lunch. Kim forgot, too. We are creatures of habit and when they go change the rules on us, it takes time for us to adapt.

I was busy running all my bi-weekly reports, which takes me half a day to do. Olga called to see if someone from Apryl Showers Gallery had called me. Yes, she called yesterday, but I didn't get to call her back. Olga said they take photographs and sell them, so I decided to go down there at lunch to see what kind of photos they sell. Wouldn't you know it, they were closed. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I have something that I could put in their gallery. Or, see what sells and go out and shoot something similar. My problem is that most of what I shoot is people. That means lots and lots of model releases that I should be getting and I'm not.

This afternoon, I worked on adjusting the Chipley timesheets from Friday. That's one group out of the way. I actually got off work at 4:30 today. It looked like it was about to storm as I walked out and ran into Lynn, our security investigator. I lock the East gate when he's not on site. We talked about wanting to lock the gate permanently, but we haven't gotten the go-ahead from management yet. He will be gone Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll have to lock up on those days. Pray that it's not raining and lightning. That's not fun when you are locking a metal gate.

Debb called to see if Kim and I could go to lunch one day this week. I was invited to eat lunch with the Substation/Transmission guys on Wednesday. One of the Substation Electricians is retiring the end of this month and they are having this lunch in honor of him. Since I want to go to Apryl Showers Gallery tomorrow and we get paid on Friday, we decided to go then. We're going to TGIFriday's. Appropriate, huh?

I ate a salad from Tropical Smoothie and got a low-fat Peaches N Silk smoothie. Lunch cost $11.21. That's the last time I eat there! I'll go back to Taco Bell and eat for less than $4.00, and that includes a drink. Their Mango/Strawberry Fruitista Freezes are soooo good. Everything is getting so expensive. I saw gas at $4.07 yesterday. It's still $3.95 where I buy it.

It rained really hard when I got home. Vinnie is so scared of the thunder. He has to get right in our lap.

Trent went to camp this morning. I sent him a card. I hope he's having fun and will be ministered to.

Okay, I think I better get to bed.

No comments: