Friday, June 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am still so thankful to God for watching out for Trent and Brandon yesterday. I don't think they really realize the danger they put themselves into when they went farther than they were supposed to. With the forest fire in the area, that means wild animals and snakes were running for safety. They could have come in contact with coyotes, bears, rattlesnakes and other wild animals. Animals that were scared because of the fire and could easily have attacked them. But, God was watching over them and they only heard things in the bushes. They never actually saw snakes or animals, but they did hear something.

Today was pretty much work as usual. Had several problems with the timekeeping system, but was able to work my way through it. Since I was off yesterday for awhile when Trent was missing, I worked until 6:00 today to make up for it, so I wouldn't have to take vacation. I needed to catch up anyway since the system was down so much yesterday.

At lunch, I went by Barron's Furniture and talked to Lisa about recliners. She had one that I really wanted - sage green micro suede. It was a smaller chair that didn't swivel or rock, but it laid all the way back. I could have slept on it. It was really comfortable. It cost $335. I called Vance and he said no, that he would not spend that much on a chair. He said he'd wait until they went on sale. Well, I hate to burst his bubble, but I don't think they will be putting them on sale since the economy is the way it is. He'll just have to sit in a broken chair. I should never have told him to go get one. I should have just gone and bought one and had it delivered as a Father's Day gift. Live and learn.......

Vance called and told me to go by the store on my way home and get an onion. He was making his famous hamburger, pork & beans, onion, mustard, ketchup skillet dinner. It sounds terrible, but it's really good. They are remodeling all the Winn-Dixie's (again) and all of them are laid out differently. I get so lost. It takes me twice as long to shop because I can't find anything. And you ask the employees and they are at a loss, too. Of course, finding the onions was easy, but I needed bread and orange juice and instant grits (that's the only snack the grandkids get when they come to my house). They are nowhere near where they used to be. And they don't have the signs up over the aisles yet, so you have to walk down every aisle to find something. It was almost 7:00 when I finally got home.

Watched a Clint Eastwood movie tonight - Millionaire Baby. It was about a woman fighter (Hillary Swank) that he trained to become world champion. She was sucker punched in a fight and broke her neck falling on the stool in her corner. I loved it up until the very end. I won't tell you the ending. Just didn't end the way I would have hoped.

Guess I need to get to bed and get some rest. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. I pray that you all have a blessed day.

No comments: