Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy 17th Anniversary Straightway Christian Ministries





Boy, did we have a storm last night! And Vance and I slept right through it. Kim called be as I was getting ready for church and told me that the wind ripped her carport off her house and it fell on her car. She asked us to pray for her. I prayed for her over the phone.

Today was our church's 17th anniversary. We had a great service. Pastor Tommy McCormick was our guest speaker. He talked about seeing things in the spirit like Peter, John and others in the New Testament. Like when God gives you a vision for your life; you know, a goal as the world would call it. God has given Pastor Sammy a vision for what our church will be like and there's more to do. We've all got to catch that vision and walk along side him to make it come to fruition. I know I've caught it. I've seen many buildings on our property and a school to teach people skills and a home for abused women and children. I'm looking forward to the things that will begin to happen in the near future. Our music is already changing and ministering to people.

It rained most of the morning, but when it was time to eat, the rain had stopped. Pastor Sammy had said we would move all the chairs out of the sanctuary and bring in the tables, but Mrs. Sandi felt like the weather would hold out for us to eat outside. It didn't. We were all eating when a huge storm blew in. The only people who didn't get wet were those sitting in the middle of the pavilion. Tabitha and I got soaked, but we kept right on eating. A little rain didn't stop us! And it was so good. I even ate some angle food cake with mandarin oranges. It was so good. Found out from Tabitha that angel food cake was Chad's favorite. I never knew that. I used to fix angel food cake when I was dieting, cause it was allowed. I guess that's when he started to like it.

After eating, the kids played on a big water slide - the rain had stopped by then. I took about 100 pictures. They had so much fun. I stayed around till 2:30, then went and checked on Kim. Her son had come and they were able to get her car out from under the carport and drop it on the ground. It did tear up the eaves of the house, but I don't think it will cause the roof to leak. I like the way she's painted the inside of the house. It's beginning to look really good. Makes me want to do more in our house, but it's just too hot to do anything right now.

I came home and uploaded the pictures to my computer. I thought I was having problems with my printer, but I found out it's my computer. I print the pictures from my Adobe program and the color just isn't right. It looks great on the computer, but comes out dull on the printer. I decided to put the memory card in the copier and see how the pictures came out. They were perfect. Now, what do I do? Most of the time, I delete the pictures from the card and upload them to the computer. But, if they aren't going to print right, am I going to have to keep investing in memory cards and just store my pictures on them? That will get expensive. Those cards aren't cheap. I don't know what to do.

Talked to Vance and Michelle yesterday. I think I'm going to go visit them this weekend. I'm off on Friday, so I'll just get up and go. Tried to get Vance to go, but he won't. I just don't know what's wrong with him. He just won't leave the house, except to play golf once a week. He usually buys groceries because he does the cooking - that way he can eat what he likes, he says. Meat and potatoes...... I don't mind. Anyway, he went to Winn-Dixie and they are remodeling their stores. I hate it cause I can't find anything. It took him an hour to find the few things he wanted. And he asked some of the employees and they couldn't tell him where they were. He told the manager that he would not be coming back; if he wanted to shop at a new store, he would have left and gone to another store a long time ago. He knows it's not their fault, but he plans on shopping at Publix from now on. I really don't like Publix, cause it's usually more expensive and I can't find anything there either. But, I guess it will be Publix or Save-a-Lot. I hear they have really good prices and good meat. Jim Lynch is the meat manager at the one in Lynn Haven and I've heard the meat is good quality. The steaks he brought for the Men's Ministry were really good.

I guess I better get to bed. Our safety meetings have been changed to Monday's and I need to go in early tomorrow.

Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: