Saturday, April 19, 2008

Friday Again????

I slept all night again in the bed. Those braces on my arm seem to be helping. I didn't wake up with any pain. It is so nice to sleep a full night. It has been years since I've slept two nights all night.

Today was timesheet day, so it was very busy. Kim and I had other things to do at lunch, so we didn't go exercise. I took lunch at 11:30 and went to Cato's to see if Joyce was there. I didn't see her at first, so I got a couple of tops to try on and then saw her at the cash register. I tried on the tops and decided to buy them. I walked up to the counter and she said "How are you? You look so much better than the last time I saw you. Did you go to the doctor?" I gave her a card and she almost cried. She did tear up and walk around the counter and gave me a hug. She said she had been so worried about me and had prayed for me everyday. She said she truly believed in healing and so she was praying that God would heal me. I told her I had seen my doctor, or nurse practitioner, and I believe she was going to be able to help me. She said that she couldn't believe that the other doctors hadn't given me anything to take. I also told her that I had gotten vitamins from Mount of Olives and that they had been able to help me once before, but that insurance wouldn't pay for vitamins and supplements, so it just got too expensive to keep buying them. Joyce kept telling me how great I looked. She said "Your eyes are so bright and sparkling. You were so sick. I was so concerned because you were throwing up and sweating profusely." I told her the attack lasted four more hours, and took several days to get over it, but I felt great now. I also thanked the other lady and apologized for tying up the bathroom for so long. She said she was glad I was better, cause it had scared her. I bought the tops and then went to get something to eat.

Back at the office and things started falling apart. Our timekeeping system was doing weird things. I thought I was finished at a little after 3:00, but when I tried to lock, there were about 8 people that had weird time - 88 hours, 92 hours, 10.50 hours, etc. I went back over the entire two weeks day by day and couldn't find the problem. Called the help desk and they didn't know why. I had to delete all their time, drop them out of my time group, wait for the computer tech to call me and then re-enter the time. I finally left my office at 6:00 totally give out. Got home and just sat down on the couch for about an hour. I was so tired.

Vance had called a repairman to come look at our washing machine yesterday. It has been leaking for months and he couldn't figure out where the water was coming from. The guy came by yesterday and said it was the water pump. He had one on his truck but broke it when he tried to put it on. He's supposed to come back in the morning and fix it. We will have to buy a refrigerator when we get our income tax back. It's been leaking for about three years inside and nobody can find the problem. We've had repairmen out to look at it and they think they have it fixed, but it still leaked. It still keeps things cold and frozen, but I'm tired of cleaning up the water in the bottom of the refrigerator.

Talked to Penny for a long time tonight. So far, all her tests have come back negative, so they still don't know what's causing the pain in her side. The doctor thinks the endometrosis is back. We'll just have to wait and see.

Kim and I are planning to exercise tomorrow. If we can't, I'll exercise to my Leslie Sansome tapes. I don't have any other plans for the weekend, except maybe to take my printer to Best Buy to see if they can fix it or send it off to he fixed. Forget that - I just fixed it myself. I plugged it into another plug on my power strip and it started working. I guess the one it was in is not working. I'm so glad I don't have to take it to be repaired. I wanted to scan some more pictures. Thank You, Lord, for giving me the idea to try another plug.

Kim and I are talking about taking off next Friday and going to Bellingrath Gardens in Mobile. Should be able to get some great flower photos. I'm looking forward to a road trip. I need to get away!!!

Okay, it's getting late, so I better get to bed. Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments: