Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pretty Slow Day

It was cold when I woke up this morning. Had to pull out one of my sweaters to wear. Thought we were through with cold weather - but, hey, we live in Florida. You never know........

It's been over a week since I've had my Sonic Route 44 sweet tea (or any other sweet tea), but I never did have withdrawal symptoms. God is so merciful. Yes, I do miss the tea, but I can live without it if it will keep me from having those attacks. I've only had a little bit of sugar - had some ice cream before I even thought about it.

Tomorrow, Kim and I have an appointment with a trainer to show us the machines at the gym. We haven't been able to go yet this month, but we plan to start tomorrow. We just can't seem to get off to go to the aerobics classes, so we are going to start with the machines. Connie will set up a regimen for us tomorrow and then we can go at lunch. We are ready to get started.

Tomorrow morning, I've got a doctor's appointment to find out the results of my bloodwork. I'm hoping it will be okay.

My sister is having some health issues. She's undergoing a lot of tests and will have to have even more. She's going back to the doctor Thursday and I get to pick up Swayde. He's always so good when he's over here.

Looks like my printer/scanner/copier is dead. I can't get it to turn on. Our lights went out Monday for just a few seconds and it hasn't worked since. I guess I will have to take it to Best Buy and let them check it out. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, but it still won't come on. I just got it 13 months ago. I wonder if I've worn this one out. If so, that will be three in less than three years. At least, it's still under warranty.

My friend, Sharon, and I may be collaborating on a quilt to enter into a contest. She might use one of my pictures of St. Marks lighthouse as a pattern to sketch onto the top of the quilt, then she will applique it. I'm excited about working with her. We've never met, but have become friends on-line. I think it would be fun to see a quilt that is inspired by my photo. I've seen Sharon's work and she does a great job. This might even inspire me to learn how to quilt. My grandmother used to make quilts all the time. I have two that she made; one made from my own clothes that she cut up.

I must have slept wrong last night because I've had a crick in my neck all day and now I've got a terrible headache, so I think I will take something and go to bed.

Goodnight and God bless............



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: