Yesterday was a busy day. Went to work until 1:00. Had a lot of catching up to do; and of course, everybody wanted to know how Daddy was doing. I took the pictures to show them just how close he came to being burned to death. Sent a testimony of God's goodness to all the Gulf Power employees. Most of them contributed money to help Daddy get back on his feet. I have such a great bunch of people working with me.
Took Daddy to the eye doctor and they checked him out pretty thorough. The doctor said his eyes were not damaged, just irritated from the smoke. They gave him a prescription for antibiotic eyedrops and told me to get some Liquigel drops to put in his eyes.
We ran by the VFW after the doctor's appointment and picked up several bags of clothes and money that was donated to Daddy. Two of his friends were there and they were so glad to see him. Bob even cried when he was telling me that they are going to hold a benefit for Daddy Friday night. That is so nice of them. Those veterans really look out for one another.
After getting back from the VFW, Vance and I took my car to the shop, then went by Mama's and picked up her car. She's letting me borrow it. Vance visited with her awhile, then started out the door. Mama said "She'll be home in a few minutes." Vance said, "That's okay, you can keep her. And I'll bring her daddy back to you, too." Mama told him he could kiss her you-know-what. We laughed and Vance left. About 20 minutes later, my cellphone rang. It was Vance. He said "I hope you know I was just kidding." I said "About what?" He said "About keeping you." I told him we both knew he was kidding and we had a good laugh about it. He said he had gotten to thinking about what he said and he didn't want to hurt my feelings, cause he sure didn't want to get rid of me. I thought that was so sweet that he would call. I knew he was joking, but it really bothered him. He's so precious. The man really loves me.
On the way to Mama's to pick up her car, he said "I need to get with Chip and see if he won't help me put a door in the bedroom so your Daddy can go outside and smoke or just sit outside. We'll put a little patio out there and extend the privacy fence so he'll have some privacy." I told him to wait on that, because Daddy really wanted to get another little trailer and move back out to Parker where his friends are. I really appreciate the way Vance wants to help take care of Daddy.
Today, I worked until 1:30, then took Daddy to the lung doctor. You won't believe this, but his lungs were actually better than they were back in August. That was a shock. So, what did Daddy want as soon as we left the doctor's office? For me to go buy him some cigarettes. I went by Winn-Dixie and got a few groceries and Daddy some cigarettes. I told him he would have to smoke outside and he said he never would think of smoking in my house. That's the first thing he did when we got home - light one up outside, then came in and said how cold it was out there. Maybe that will keep him from smoking so much. He hates the cold. He keeps it so hot in the living room that I can't stay in there. It's even hot for Vance.
The mechanic called to tell me my car was ready to be picked up and that he would wait until we got there before he closed. So, Vance and I carried Mama's car back and went to Discount Mufflers to pick mine up. It cost $295 for the two sensors, labor and towing. He forgot to check one other thing, so he did that before we left and another sensor is bad. He'll have to order one tomorrow. I should have a new car by the time I get everything replaced. Hopefully, this will take care of that little problem I have. It still has all the mechanics baffled.
I went to Wal-Mart after picking up my car so I could buy Daddy a wallet and a watch. Not having those two things has really bothered him. I missed Praise and Worship practice, but I had emailed Karen to let her know what was going on and she said I was excused. Hope to be able to go to church tomorrow night and Thursday night. We are starting Deliverance and Healing Ministry training and I want to get involved. We are going to start a 12-step program either in April or May. I'd like to be involved in that since I come from a long line of alcoholics. I would love to see people delivered and healed of all kinds of addictions.
Talked to my Aunt Rose tonight. She didn't know about the meeting on Thursday afternoon over at my grandmother's house. I think they are finally going to settle the estate. I've got to have Daddy there. I sure hope he doesn't show himself. If things don't go just the way he thinks they should go, he's going to get upset. I'm praying for peace and that all things will go smoothly. She told me they were all ready to get this over with.
Vance went and got Captain D's for supper. Daddy hadn't eaten all day, but he sure ate all his food tonight. He was in a real talkative mood after Vance went to bed. He was talking about how much money he had put into Grandmama and Granddaddy's house and how Granddaddy never ever told him that he loved him. That's so sad and probably a lot of Daddy's problem - the fact that his daddy never showed any affection for him.
Better get to bed. I've got to go to work tomorrow. Tabitha had wanted me to watch the kids after lunch tomorrow, but I wasn't sure if I could get off. She said she would try to find somebody else. Now that I won't have a car, I hope she was able to find somebody. I hate letting her and Chad down. They have to be in some kind of class all day tomorrow before they will be able to close on their house. I've already used up two weeks of my vacation and it's just the first part of February. I don't know what I will do later in the year when I have to take Daddy to doctor's appointments. I guess I'll just have to be docked my pay like I was when I took care of Earl. But, I wouldn't trade those days for any amount of money. You do what you have to do to take care of family.
Good night and God bless..................
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment