Monday, February 12, 2007

Sleepy Sunday

Got up this morning and got ready for church. I wore my "pirate" outfit as Trent calls it - long crinkly black skirt, white crinkly shirt with a black vest and black boots. Trent and Tabitha say it's their favorite outfit that I wear. One day, I'll have to get Tabitha to take my picture, so I'll be able to keep it for when Trent and Hope grow up. Trent can look back at the picture and remember happy times with his Nonna.

I had a bad headache when I woke up, but went to church anyway. Made it through Praise and Worship, but didn't think I was going to be able to stay. Thank the Lord for Maxalt. It's a migraine medicine that melts in your mouth. I had to take one because I was getting very nauseated. Took it and it eased the pain. We had an awesome service. Pastor Sammy is still in the hospital. He's undergoing tests. He's doing fine and should be out soon. Mrs. Sandi preached on Generational Blessings. Pastor Sammy is doing the part on Generational Curses on Wednesday nights. I fully expect him to be there Wednesday. We had a church full today - so many guests. The altar was full at the end of the service. God is doing a mighty work at Straightway.

Kim offered to come over and help finish Daddy's room, but I knew I couldn't be bending over with a headache. Got to find out when we can go get his furniture, then I'll need help and I know she will be there for me. She's a wonderful friend.

I rushed home, because Daddy needed to be taken to the AmVets. He had to make a speech and thank them for their part in the benefit Friday night. When I got home, Vance had already taken him. They get along real well. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband. I ate lunch and headed to bed. I was feeling real groggy. I slept most of the afternoon. Daddy got a taxi home. One of his buddies paid for it so that he wouldn't have to bother us. It's no bother. I could have gone and picked him up.

My sweet husband cooked supper for us and I prepared a roast for the crock pot for tomorrow.

Talked to Tabitha after church to see when they are going to start moving. She said they get the keys on the 19th. She and Chad are going to get paint and begin painting the next night. They will probably start moving stuff over Thursday or Friday. I said we'd be glad to help, but she said so many of their friends have offered that they probably won't need our help. I'm just so excited for them. Can't wait to see their new home.

Even though I slept all afternoon, I'm still a little tired, so I'm heading to bed.

Good night and God bless.........................

No comments: