It was a typical Monday morning. Nothing really out of the ordinary except a meeting at work. Just a lot of hot air about the state of the company. But at least, we are getting bonuses next month. I hear the non-covered group will get 15% and the covered group (me) will get 7 1/2%. Our union sold us down the road during negotiations and accepted half of what everybody else gets. But, like I tell the guys "It's money you shouldn't be depending on to live." But a lot of them depend on that bonus. They already have it spent before it gets here. That really threw a lot of them into a tailspin a few years ago when we didn't get a bonus. I've used it to invest in IRA's, buy computer equipment and stuff like that, but not to make payments on cars, houses or boats that I've bought depending on the money to be there. This year, I'd like to use it to have our house re-wired, but if we don't get anything, it's not going to put me in the poor house.
Kim and I went to the Shadetree Grill for lunch. I've never been there, but I really liked it. We sat out on the back deck and it was so nice out there. Perfect weather for it. We both had the grilled chicken wrap with fries. The best chicken wrap I've ever had. The waitress even brought us a brownie for desert. I don't think that came with the meal, but she took a liking to us. I guess because we were so nice to her. All I wanted to do when I got back to work was take a nap. About an hour after we got back, I had to go make coffee and drink a cup just to stay awake. I felt like I was working in slow motion.
Mama called and said that Neil should have her single bed that we could have for Hope. I called Penny after work and asked. She said she thought it was in his storage shed. She would ask him tonight when he called to check on Swayde. Swayde was sick yesterday. He slept all day long. That's kinda scary. Said he didn't even wake up when Neil put him in the truck to bring him home. Today, he threw up once and ran a high fever. She took him to the doctor who said his body was trying to fight off the virus yesterday; that's why he slept all day. Could that be true? I know your body heals during sleep, but to sleep all day?
Vance went over to help Chad move some furniture to the house. I stayed home with Daddy. He wasn't feeling too good today himself. Couldn't get him to eat any supper. Vance came home and I went to the store. We were out of a lot of stuff. I ate supper and found my book "Bad Girls of the Bible" by Liz Curtis Higgs. I had bought it last year, but only started on it before I misplaced it. I started all over tonight since I don't remember anything I read last year. I will share it with Kim and Tabitha when I get through with it.
It's almost 11:00 and I'm getting sleepy. Good night and God bless...................
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment