I did not want to get out of bed this morning. Because I slept most of yesterday afternoon, I could not go to sleep last night. It was around 3:30 this morning when I finally dozed off. That made for a very sleepy day.
Didn't have any ARMS jobs today. I think the guys are actually working in the line crew today. Paul came back today. He's been out with surgery. Kim and I had to pick on him a little and try to give him things to do to help Kim out while he's on light duty. Didn't work - the boss got to him first.
I went over and deposited Daddy's money in his account. People have been so good to him. He's talking about taking the apartment so he will be closer to his buddies and the VFW. They are clear across town from us, but not far from the apartment. I told him he was welcome to stay with us for however long he wanted to, but he really wants to be on his own.
I had to come home for lunch to put the roast in the crockpot, so we could have it for supper. I offered to bring Daddy something home, but he said he had plenty to eat at the house.
Vance's mother called this afternoon. She was concerned about Vance, because she could tell his back was hurting him the day he changed out the battery in their car. I told her it always hurts him when he's doing any bending over; that's why he can't work on his 1967 Plymouth anymore. I guess it will just sit in our backyard along with Chad's 1965 Ford Fairlane.
I came home and Vance left to go to his mother's to put a headboard on her bed. I fixed Daddy a plate of food before I left to go to the Women's Ministry meeting at church. He said the roast was really good.
We had a good meeting tonight. I took the notes since our secretary wasn't there. Tabitha had to work, so she couldn't go. We're looking into finding a conference this year that we can go to out of town. We've got a Ladies Tea coming up in May. That's always a lot of fun.
Last night, my aunt Marguerite called me and told me that a 2nd cousin of mine would probably be calling me. He's 80 years old and wants to get some info on the Lightsey family tree. I have a great deal that I've researched, so I'll be glad to send it to him. Marguerite and I talked about another relative, Aunt Emma, who will turn 93 on July 4th. She is my grandfather's sister. I suggested we go visit her on her birthday. Marguerite thought that was a good idea and suggested we pick up her daughter, Dianne, and go for the party. The whole town celebrates her birthday. She is the first woman to ever drive on the Alaskan Highway. I've got an article with a story about her adventures in Alaska. I sure hope we get to go. I'd love to see her again. It's probably been 25 years since I've seen her.
Well, since I didn't get any sleep last night, I think I better get to bed. I'm having trouble typing without making mistakes. (Of course, the secretary in me makes me go back and correct them before I publish. I don't do well IMing anybody, cause I have to type everything perfectly, even down to the punctuation.)
Good night and God bless.............Continue lifting Pastor Sammy up. He's still in the hospital.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment