Boy, today was a very busy day. Of course, it was timesheet Friday and I still had a lot to do since I'd been off so much last week.
Went by Ross' Dress for Less at lunch and picked up some photo albums to put those pictures in that I got from Grandmama's yesterday. Ross has good prices on their albums.
Daddy called and said the VFW wanted him there at 5:00 instead of 6:00. Could we get him there or should he call a taxi? I called Vance and he said he could get him there on time. I don't get off work until 4:30, so I knew I couldn't do it.
I was surprised to see Vance home when I got home, but he said he got off early to make sure Daddy got to the VFW on time. He's so thoughtful. He said the parking lot was packed when he dropped Daddy off. He also said Daddy may not come home tonight, but he'd call and let me know. He might stay with Bob and his wife.
I had to leave and go help clean the church. Only four of us showed up, so it took two hours to get it done. We were all so tired when we left. I came home and Vance cooked us grilled cheese sandwiches.
Around 9:30, Daddy was knocking on the door. I opened it and told him I certainly didn't expect him home so early. He said "When I get tired, I'm ready to go home." He started pulling envelopes out of his pockets. They raised $1148 tonight to go along with the $400 they gave him Monday. With the $945 the Gulf Power employees gave him, he should be able to get a small travel trailer. We're looking at one that's for sale and the owner only wants $1800 for it. It's an older model, but looks like it's in good shape. Daddy said we would go look at it. We've also got to go look at an apartment tomorrow that a friend said he would rent to him for $500 a month and that includes utilities. Daddy is ready to live on his own again. He hates putting anybody out. He's so appreciative of anything you do for him. He's very easy to live with. Too bad we can't talk Mama into taking him back. :o) Daddy was choking up when he was telling me about the benefit. He said he cried when he had to make a speech. I'm sure he did. Those veterans really stick together and appreciate each other.
Well, it's bedtime and my computer is acting funny, so I better get off. It keeps blanking out the screen and making funny noises, like it's turning off and on.
Good night and God bless...................
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment