Went to work early so I wouldn't have to take too much vacation to take Daddy to the doctor today. It was pretty busy this morning and really cold. First time we've turned on the heater in our office all winter.
My boss sent an email to me and asked me if I wanted to sign up for a class in Pensacola in April on Resume Writing. I emailed him back and said that I would like to go and asked if he knew something about my job that he wasn't telling me. Why would any of us need a resume if we don't plan on going anywhere else or trying to get another job within the company. I'm perfectly happy right where I am. Would you believe that I have never even filled out a resume for myself? Never needed to. I've only worked one place and that's Gulf Power and I've been there for 36 1/2 years. But, if they want me to go, I'll be more than happy to go. Kim and I told him to sign us up. Maybe we can go over and spend the night.....
Vance called to tell me he was going to buy more flooring and start laying it in the hall. Sounds good to me. It's been a lot easier to clean than the carpet. Daddy makes his own coffee in the morning, but he has a real hard time walking without spilling it. So, there's coffee spilled on the floor from the kitchen to the couch. All I have to do is go over it with a mop or a wet rag. Good as new! Carpet would be a mess...
Kim brought back lunch for me since I wasn't going to lunch - gotta save that hour, so I don't use up all my vacation. I really would like to go somewhere for a real vacation, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Who would take care of Daddy? Tabitha would, but she goes to school and then works at night. She has her hands full with all her responsibilities.
Took Daddy to the eye doctor. His eyes are doing better. The doctor told him to continue the eye drops in the right eye, but the left one is completely healed. Thank You, Lord. His ears are healing up just fine.
Got home and worked on his room some more. I don't know when we are going to be able to get the bedroom suite from his mother's house. I may have to call Angie and see if I can borrow the bed she has until we can get in the house. We'll need help loading the bedroom suite and Chad will be moving this week, so he can't help us. It will probably be sometime next week before we can find somebody to help us. I know Kim will help, but I don't think she and I can load it by ourselves. The bedroom suite is antique and it's heavy wood, not pressboard like the modern stuff they are selling nowadays.
Tabitha and Trent came over for a few minutes. She wanted me to pray with her about something. We went in the bedroom and prayed. She visited with us for a few minutes and we talked about their house. They got to go do a walk-through today. She said she met some of the neighbors and they are Christians. Trent met some of the kids and seemed happy playing with them. The owners of the house said Chad and Tabitha would love the neighborhood; they really don't want to leave because the neighbors are all so nice. The lady said she had cried for a week because she didn't want to leave; but they are building a new house, so she's happy about that. Tabitha told me a lot of their friends will be helping them move, so I didn't need to get involved. She said I could come help set up when everybody leaves. I'm just so excited for them.
Kayla called and said Pastor Sammy was out of the hospital. Praise the Lord for that!
My friend, Karen, called from Dothan. I had written her a letter telling her of the accident and Daddy's fire. She called to make sure I was okay. I told her I was doing fine. I also told her that I had just mailed off her Christmas card today. I had found it stuck in a book, so I decided to go ahead and mail it anyway. I wrote on the back of the envelope "Better Late Than Never". That cracked her up. She said she would keep it forever. We had a great time talking and she asked me to come visit her and she'd take me out to photograph old barns. I really would love to go see her and spend the weekend, but I've got to get over to Tallahassee first. I've got to see my Little Fox. Michelle and Vance posted some new photos and he's just the happiest baby I've seen in a very long time. Both my boys were happy babies. They woke up with smiles on their faces every day. Trent and Hope were happy babies, too.
This happy little baby is getting tired. I think I might have to get to bed a little earlier tonight - like right now. It's only 10:30, but I'm falling asleep at the keys. When you start making mistakes and typing in slow motion, it's time to call it quits and go to bed.
Good night and God Bless......................
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment