Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tornadic Tuesday



It looked like rain when I left for work, but it was pretty warm. We've even got azaleas and tulip trees blooming everywhere. Supposed to have some really cold weather later this week. That will probably ruin the azaleas for the Azalea Trail.

This picture was taken last Thursday in my Grandmother's front yard.

Hazel called and asked me to type up a letter for her. I did and delivered it to her at lunch. She and I have known each other since the 8th grade. While I was at her house, the bottom fell out. It was pouring rain when I went to my car. Then we were under a tornado warning. They thought one was going to come ashore at Grand Lagoon on the beach and then pass over Lynn Haven. Thank the Lord they were wrong. It never turned into a tornado, but we had a lot of lightning and rain. I heard that a tornado hit New Orleans, but I never got to watch the news tonight to find out for sure.

Trent called before I got off work to see if he could come over to the house and get me to help him make a box for his valentines. Karen had emailed me that we weren't having practice tonight, so I told him I'd come get him. I came home first to make sure Daddy didn't need to go look at that apartment. He couldn't get in touch with the guy, so it will be later in the week. I went and got Trent and spent a little time playing with Hope and talking to Chad. Trent decided he wanted to make a Harley-Davidson box to match his HD valentines. I knew I didn't have anything like that at home, so off to Hobby Lobby we went. I spent about $25 on scrapbook Harley-Davidson supplies: motorcycle sticker, leather outfit stickers, paper and HD stickers. Trent wanted to buy something for Hope, so he picked out the wooden letters H-O-P-E. We can paint them to match her bedroom colors whenever we find out what they are. Went back home and I cut and pasted the paper on the box and handed it to Trent. He put stickers all over it. It looked pretty cool when he got through with it. He'll have the coolest valentine box in class. Sorry about the picture. My camera automatically turns vertical pictures, but then I try to upload them to my post and they are horizontal again and I don't know how to turn them on my blog. At least you can see the box and all the HD stickers on it. After we got it made, I took him home and played with Hope some more. She liked the wooden letters. I told her we would paint them and hang them on her new bedroom wall. She liked that idea.

It was 8:30 by the time I got home. Ate my supper and watched a little TV. Checked out Vance's picasa web page and there are new pictures of Fox posted. He's so adorable. Check them out at http://picasaweb.google.com/vance.rutherford Fox is getting so big. I guess he will be walking before I get to see him again. I've got to get over there one weekend. When, I don't have a clue. Too much going on in my life right now. I don't want to abandon Daddy right now. Hopefully, we can get the bedroom suite this weekend and get the bedroom set up. Next weekend is Hope for the Heart. I'm really looking forward to that. I'd kinda like to do something special for my birthday this year. After all, I will be 55. Will just have to wait and see what happens with Daddy.
Better get to bed. Good night and God bless...................

No comments: