Friday, February 16, 2007

Day After Valentine's

I hope you guys out there did something special for your ladies. As for my wonderful husband, he couldn't wait until Valentine's Day - he gave me flowers the night before. While I was gone to take Trent home, Vance was at the store buying me flowers. I walked in right before he made a mess. Instead of getting a vase, he got a candle holder that looked like a vase. But, the top came off and it would have leaked water everywhere if he had put water in it. I caught him as he was about to put water in it.

Had to be at work early. They changed the safety meeting from yesterday to today. It was freezing when I left for work. Looks like we are going to have a few days of near freezing weather before it warms up again. At least I get to wear my sweaters now.

Came home for lunch and got Daddy and we went to PoFolks to eat. I think he was glad to get out of the house, except for the cold. He can't even smoke because it's too cold. (Maybe he will quit.) Since it's gotten cold, he is having a lot of trouble with his right arm. He could hardly use it today. I had to reach over and grab the seat belt and pull it around him. He had to use his cane to shut the door. He says he has arthritis in that arm. His left arm is almost useless from three surgeries. It was so bad that he didn't want to go to the VFW tonight. He only goes to play pool and with his arms out of commission, he can't play.

I've just finished reading a book by a Baptist Pastor, Don Piper, who died and went to heaven for 90 minutes. I think the name of the book is "90 Minutes in Heaven." I had heard his testimony before, but the book was really good. He was in a fatal car accident, died and went to heaven. His friends and relatives met him and he saw the awesomeness of heaven before he was prayed back to earth. It's a good book. What is so good about it is the story of his suffering when he came back and how God has used him to minister to others and give them hope of eternal life in a real heaven. If you get a chance, read the book.

Yesterday after work, Tabitha came over and interviewed me about my life. She has to give a speech on someone she admires and she chose me. I was very flattered. She asked me general questions about my childhood and things in my life up until the present. She said they would record her speech and she'd give me a copy. She also needed pictures, so I gave her several. In one, we could see that Trent looks just like me and in another one, she said she could see Hope in me.

While Tabitha was here, Dot and Cecil came over and brought a microwave oven for Daddy. I have the best friends. They are always there for me and my family in times of need. When I was taking my brother, Earl, back and forth to Pensacola, I ran out of vacation time. Several people wanted to donate days of vacation to me, but Gulf Power won't let you do that. When they found out that we were almost three month's behind on our house payment, they took up a collection and we were able to get our payments caught up. My church family is always there for me, too. When I had surgery, Mrs. Sandi brought chicken and dumplings. Let me tell you, she's makes great chicken and dumplings!

Last night at church, I stepped out of my comfort zone and signed to a song that we were singing. I used to belong to the Expressive Worship Group and we would sign to songs when I went to Springfield Methodist. I haven't done that in years. But, last night we were singing "I Exalt Thee" and the urge was so strong to sign that I just layed down my microphone and stepped out and signed. It was the most awesome feeling because at that time I am totally communing with God. I don't see anybody in the congregation - it's just me and God. I didn't know until I talked to Kim today at work, that people just broke down and really started worshipping God when I signed. Ruth stopped me as I was going off the platform and told me that my hands were meant for warfare. I've got to get my sign books out and start refreshing my memory, cause I feel I will be doing more of this. It's time for me to step back into my calling.

I had class tonight at church. Kim wasn't able to go and I know she really needs to be there. This is part of her vision and she needs to prepare herself to step into her calling. We have a pretty good group and we're learning a lot about deliverance and healing. We're preparing ourselves for the Overcoming Addictions program that our church will be starting pretty soon. It's sort of like AA. My biggest addiction is food and I've got to get to the root of that problem. I know that rejection is the major factor and I've got to work through that. I want to be able to help others especially with food addictions.

All the way home, I was thinking about cooking scrambled eggs. It is so amazing how intune Vance and I are. When I walked in the door, I smelled bacon. Vance was just about to go to bed and he told me that there was bacon and scrambled eggs on the stove for me. He makes the best scrambled eggs and crispy fried bacon. Yum!

It's going to be another cold day tomorrow. I've got to get out at lunch and buy McKinley a birthday present for her first birthday party Saturday. I have a hard time buying for little girls, but I'm sure I can find something. Maybe I can get Kim to go with me. She has five granddaughters, so she will have good ideas.

Guess I better get to bed. I love this kind of weather; I sleep so much better when I'm cool.

Good night and God bless.......................

No comments: