Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hump Day Already?

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. Today was the first full day I've worked all week and I'll be off about half the day tomorrow. Have to take Daddy to find out what's going to be done about Grandmama's house and belongings.

We had our usual safety meeting this morning and I got up and thanked everybody for their prayers and donations to help Daddy. One of the guys brought in a box of clothes. It was so big I couldn't bring it home. Will need help loading it in my car.

Went to Wal-Mart at lunch and bought smoke detectors. Daddy says he told me a couple of days before the first that he needed to get a smoke detector. I don't remember that conversation at all. Was watching CSI-NY tonight and saw the name of the drug I used to take for tachycardia (also used for high blood pressure) was being used in a test group to erase the memory of domestic violence in women. No wonder my memory had gotten so bad! Thank the Lord I no longer take that stuff. I'm not having to take any type of drug anymore. Don't know if I will be put on Byetta for weight loss or not. I haven't had time to go have the bloodwork done. I've had to take care of Daddy's needs and I've still got a ton of things to do for him. I've already used up two weeks of vacation and it's not even the middle of February yet.

Kim hasn't found a bed yet. She's checking the second-hand stores now and nobody seems to have any single beds. Looks like we will be forced to buy a new one. She's going to check Sam's tomorrow and see how much they cost. Until then, Daddy will just have to sleep on the couch. It's not a bad place to sleep. I should know - I used to sleep on it at least 1-3 hours each and every night. Now, Vance has to practically kick me out of bed in the mornings cause I don't hear the alarm going off. I have to get up and stay up or I'd fall back asleep and not go to work, cause I couldn't hear the alarm.

I came home and Kim called to say there was a hugh roll-off dumpster at Grandmama's house. Looks like Darrell had one delivered. Hope they don't touch any of Daddy's stuff. Kim said she might be interested in buying the house if the price is low enough. I told her it would have to have some repairs done on it - new roof, rewiring.... But, I would love to see her in it. Then, I could still go visit.

Went to church. We had a great service. Pastor Sammy is preaching on Reversing the Curse. It was very good. Just remember: life and death are in the power of the tongue. Your words can bring blessing or cursing, so choose them wisely. I've been trying to remember to watch what I say about myself or others.

Chad and Tabitha have 12 more days before the house is theirs. The 19th is the final day. That means they will probably be moving the following weekend. Bummer! That's the weekend (Friday night and Saturday until 2:00) that Tabitha and I were going to the Hope for the Heart Conference. I really wanted us to go. Kim is also going with us. I'll have to find out for sure when they will be moving in. I sure hope it's not that weekend.

It's time for me to go to bed. I'm exhausted for some reason.

Good night and God bless.......

No comments: