Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl Sunday

Yes, today is Super Bowl Sunday. I didn't even know who was playing until Daddy started watching it.

We had a super time at church this morning. Mrs. Sandi preached on Generational Blessings - how we need to speak those blessings over our families and break all those generational curses off of them, too.

Mrs. Shirley, who used to go to Straightway when Vance went there, is visiting. She wanted to know where Vance was and when he was coming back. She's such a sweet lady. I don't know how long she will be here. She always liked Vance.

Ginnyfer (yes, that's how you spell her name) gave Tabitha five boxes of clothes to see if any of them fit. Looks like some will fit Penny and Tiffaney, so they will get blessed, too.

The AmVets called and said they took up a collection for Daddy. I guess we'll have to go there tomorrow afternoon when I get off work. They were also waiting on the donation from the VFW. What a blessing. I gave testimony this morning of how God saved Daddy from the fire. One of the ladies that I used to go to church with at Springfield Methodist said "I didn't know you were Charlie Brown's daughter. I've known him for a very long time." Small world.

I called and talked to Uncle Rudolph. He said Darrell was going to have a dumpster set up at the house to haul off the trailer. I told him I needed to go through it and try to find Daddy's ring. He said I better do it today, so I went and rummaged through; but didn't find it. He also told me they were getting together over there Thursday afternoon to decide how to divide stuff up. I told him I would take off work and have Daddy there. I sure hope Daddy doesn't show himself. He can get pretty mean when he thinks they are taking advantage of him. Chip and I have tried to tell him to just let it go. I really don't like being around conflict, so I'm praying real hard that everything will go smoothly.

Went to K-Mart to buy Daddy some shoes and ran into an old friend from Springfield Methodist. We stood and talked for awhile catching up on things. It was so good to see her. She's still at Springfield and really likes the new pastor. Rose and Mac went last week and really liked him, too.

K-Mart had shoes on sale, so I got Daddy four pairs. He should be set for all situations now. I've still got to get a bed. Hope I can go looking tomorrow at lunch - that is, if Discount doesn't call and tell me to bring my car in for repairs. Depending on how long it's going to take, I may have to rent a car for a couple of days. I've got way too much to do and I need a car. I'm sure the doctors will want to see Daddy this week, so I need my car for that. My bloodwork will just have to wait. I just don't have time to get it done.

Daddy and I watched the first half of the Super Bowl while Vance went to visit his friend, Bill. He wanted to show Bill his new truck. And probably talk about our situation with Daddy.

He's gone now to Outback to get a blooming onion. He loves those things. I like them, too, but they are much better when you are at the restaurant and they are piping hot. They kinda get soggy when you get them as takeout. Daddy had never tasted one. He liked it. Finished watching the Super Bowl - Colts won. I was real impressed with what the announcers said about the coach. They said he never raises his voice and never says a cuss word. Bet he's a Christian. That just shows that you can win games without yelling, screaming and cussing at your players. Bless him, Lord.

It's time to go to bed. I'm getting a headache, so I think that's the sign that I need to get to bed early. This week is timesheet week and I know I will have to be off a lot, so I've got to work fast when I am at work.

God is good - all the time!
Good night and God bless...................

No comments: