Thursday, February 22, 2007

Worthy Wednesday

Had our safety meeting. It didn't last long. Kim is still sick. Really miss her when she's not here. Randy and Paul were in Ft. Walton or Pensacola for their quarterly warehouse meeting, so Paul W. stayed with me to make sure the crews got what they needed. I really didn't have too much to do today, so I did some cleaning.

At lunch, I went and got the padding for the floor that I forgot to get yesterday. Those people at Calhoun Carpets are really nice. Went to Tally Ho and got a hamburger and headed back to work. Daddy called and said we could go look at the apartment at 3:00.

I took off at 2:15, picked Daddy up and went to see the apartment. I really like it. It's the perfect size for Daddy and the landlord is so nice. He raises parakeets in the backyard. Daddy said he was going to get a cage and buy one from him. That way he'd have something to talk to. Not only that, but the man has laying hens and said Daddy could have fresh eggs every morning if he wanted them. He has a little deck on front of the apartment, but he can walk around the house and sit and visit with Louis on his back deck under the gazebo. I really liked Louis. I think he and Daddy will have a grand ole time. There's also another man about Daddy's age that lives across the street, so I can see him making new friends. He will also be closer to the VFW and AmVets and his friends can come pick him up. I have a good feeling about this.

Penny called to tell me that Aunt Rose came in to the doctor's today and told her that we're supposed to go back to Grandmama's house tomorrow sometime and finish picking out the stuff everybody wants. I'm going to offer to buy all the vases and give them out to the grandkids and great-grandkids so we'll all have something Grandmama made. I think I'm going to tell Uncle Rudolph that I would like to have Grandmama's Christmas tree as long as I can have ornaments to go with it. I would love to have some old ornaments.

Tabitha called and asked if I could go buy the new house and pick up the kids and take them to church. I said I would. Vance followed me over there so he could see the house. I took the kids by Burger King and got them some food, then on to church. Sammy M. preached tonight. After church, I when back over the the house. Several friends were there helping paint. I'd love to help, but I don't know when. I've got class tomorrow night, and Hope for the Heart Friday night and most of the day Saturday. I guess I will just help them after they get moved in. They have a lot of friends who are willing to help. You can check out the pictures of Daddy's apartment and Chad and Tabitha's house at http://picasaweb.google.com/rutherford.patricia

I'm exhausted, so I'm heading to bed. Good night and God bless.....................

No comments: