Friday, February 23, 2007

Busy Day!

Something happened to our alarm clock and it didn't go off. The lights seem to have gone out on it and it's not showing the time. I was late getting up and just had a hard time getting my act together this morning, so I missed my drive-thru at Sonic for sweet tea. Had to get my caffeine at work from coffee. Believe me, I'd much rather have the tea! Randy had cooked some deer sausage and brought biscuits, so I was able to eat breakfast this morning.

We had about 40 ARMS orders today and we got 38 of them done. Of course, it was a big complex of townhouses. They just keep building them and the people have stopped buying. Before long, it will be a buyer's market, cause the developers will sell cheap just to keep from having to pay the taxes and lose money because they are sitting empty.

Kim was back today and feeling better. I was glad to see her. We went to lunch and looked at a van. Her daughter is looking to buy one. She told me about a 1997 Lincoln Towncar she looked at yesterday. An older man had it for sale. It's white with burgandy leather interior. She said it still smells like new leather. It has 89,000 miles on it and he wants $4995 for it. I wish I had the money. I'd sure like to get another Lincoln. I want a big car again.

We also drove by so I could show her where Daddy is moving to. She lives about a mile from there and said she would gladly give him her phone number and she'd be glad to run errands for him from time-to-time. She really likes Daddy and I know she'd be more than happy to run to Burger King or someplace and pick him up some food. She loved the house and yard.

Vance called to tell me he had taken Daddy to the VFW and was heading over to Chad's to help them paint.

Tabitha called and asked if I could keep Hope a little while when I got off work so she could help Chad paint. We met at the Second to None furniture store down the street from Gulf Power. She brought me an ice cream cone from McDonalds. We looked for a single bed for Hope - no luck. I took Hope home with me and we played until 6:30 and then I took her over to the house. I had to go to church at 7:00 for class. It was real good tonight. We were having prayer for one of the young men in the church when my phone rang. It was Daddy calling from the VFW for me to pick him up. It was 9:00 and I headed over that way. Swung in Sonic and got a sweet tea before picking him up. Met some more of his friends. They really love Daddy at the VFW. On the way home, he said he thought he would enjoy living in the apartment. He was looking forward to getting a parakeet. When I told Kim about that, she said she had just bought her bird a new cage last night and she'd give Daddy the old one. People just keep blessing him with stuff. He had gotten a bag of clothes at the VFW tonight. I told him to make a list of things that we needed to buy, like a crock pot, pillow and linens, etc.

Well, it's past time for bed. It's already Friday and I need to go to bed.

Good night and God bless...................

No comments: