Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pray for Pastor Sammy

Found a message on my answering machine from last night that Pastor Sammy had fallen in the parking lot at Rodeos after the Valentine's Banquet and hit his head. He was taken to the hospital and kept for observation. Please pray for him when you think about it.

Daddy wanted me to take him to the VFW, so I took a shower and we headed that way around 11:00, because we wanted to stop and look at the apartment. We knew it was in Millville, but couldn't find it, so I stopped at Kim's and she looked it up on mapquest. I tried to do that before I left the house, but my computer was froze up. Couldn't even turn it off. We found the address. Apparently, the apartment is attached to the house. Daddy said it was a one bedroom with a kitchenette. The house that it's in looks pretty nice. It's an older house but it looks good. Dropped him off and headed to McDonald's to get something to eat. As I was driving away from the window, I saw my cousin Natalie. I waved at her and asked her if she got my message about the migraine medicine Penny and I are taking. She said she did and was going to call her doctor and ask if she could take it. Went to Office Max and got a Power of Attorney form to fill out for Daddy. He has been asking me for 2 years now to get one so he can make me his Power of Attorney so I can handle his affairs. Went to Wal-Mart and got the Swiffer mop pads so I could mop the floors when I got back home. I really like how they clean. Saw Olga and Ron at Wal-Mart as I was leaving.

Dot called to let me know she and Cecil were going to buy Daddy a microwave. That's really nice of them. She's been real sick. I pray for a complete healing in her entire body, in Jesus' name!

Talked to Mama. She found out that Grandmama had insurance with Independent Life. I'll call them Monday to see if anybody has claimed the money. The insurance should be used to take care of all the outstanding bills that Grandmama left - like the $18,000 the government has on the house. But, I'm sure whoever got it will not pay any bills. They will pocket that money.

Came home and mopped the floors and bagged up some clothes. Called Angie and asked if she could use them and she said she probably could. I'll get them to her sometime this week.

Vance came home from playing golf. He was going to the store to get some green peanuts so he could boil them. He's craving boiled peanuts. He told me that when we get the tax refund on the truck, he was taking me to Biloxi for the weekend just to get away from it all. He seems to think I'm way too stressed because of all that's happened to us lately - the wreck, Daddy's fire and Grandmama's estate. I got on-line (after getting my computer working and deleting files so it would run faster) trying to see if there were any shows in Biloxi coming up. Around my birthday in March, Kenny Rogers was going to be there, but his show is sold out. So, there's nothing happening. I guess I could drop Vance off at a casino and go around taking pictures of the distruction that's still there. I'd really like to go and see what happened to Ocean Springs.

Went and picked Daddy up from the VFW. Went inside and met some of Daddy's friends. Bob gave him some more shirts and a jacket that was way too big. Vance told me I should keep it and wear it myself. I'll put it in the trunk of the car for when I need it in an emergency. Vance cooked scrambled eggs for us and we ate. Daddy was tired and he was asleep before 7:30. Vance wasn't too far behind him. As a matter of fact, he's still asleep in his chair and it's after 11:00pm.

I scanned some of the pictures that I got from Grandmama's. I'll make copies for whoever wants them. I'd like to get the whole box of pictures and go through them at my leisure and pick out the ones I want to scan. I'll ask Uncle Rudolph if I can take them next time we go over there. He asked me the other day if I wanted the Christmas tree. I think I'll take it if he will let me have Christmas ornaments to go with it. I'm also going to ask him to put a price on the vases. I'll buy them and give one to every one of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Angie said to be sure and let them know when they were having the garage sale. She wants to go and get some things. It's a shame the family has to go and buy the stuff. But some people are just greedy.

I'm getting tired, so I guess I better get to bed.

Good night and God bless..........................And remember to pray for Pastor Sammy!

No comments: