Sunday, March 04, 2007

Another Busy Day



Yesterday was a busy day at work, since I had been off the day before. Catch up time! Kim and I decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch since we probably wouldn't have time for supper. We both ordered the fried seafood platter. We both ate less than half, so we go to-go boxes. I sent mine home with Kim for Carrianne and the girls, cause Vance wouldn't eat it.

When I got off work, I had to stop and get gas, rush home, brush my teeth, kiss Vance goodbye, then head back across town to pick up Kim and meet up with some people from the church at Toys R Us. I was in my house exactly three minutes and we made it to TRU before anybody else showed up. We were all meeting there so we could go together to Christian International Church. Kim and I rode with Kyle. He's one of our young men (19) in the church who is on fire for the Lord. It's refreshing being around him. We really enjoyed the service and ministry afterwards. We didn't leave until midnight. I was going to drive Kyle's Xterra home because Kyle had a migraine, but I couldn't figure out all the switches and it just got too comical. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't drive. I told Kim to take over. We stopped at Coram's and ate breakfast with the rest of the group. We had so much fun. Kim and I are going to have to start sharing our food. Neither one of us could eat our whole meal. It would sure save us some money. And calories! We had to drive Kyle home, so we picked up my car and I followed Kim to Kyle's, then carried her home. Vance called at 1:00 to find out where I was. He had woke up and missed me. I told him I was on my way home. Got home and went to bed.

Vance got up this morning and left around 7:00 to go to Cottondale to play golf. I re-set the alarm and rolled over and went back to sleep. I didn't hear the alarm go off, so I woke up at 8:57, three minutes before I was supposed to be at church to help clean. I jumped up, called Karen and threw on some clothes. Didn't even bother to brush my teeth; just pulled my hair back into a ponytail and headed out the door. I didn't want her and Steve to have to do the church all by themselves. I had a splitting headache and was so miserable until I got outside to wash the windows. That's when I started singing and praying and my headache just went away. Scotty and Donna showed up. They are fast workers cause that's what they do for a living - clean houses and businesses. We had it knocked out in two hours and I headed home.

Mama had called to see what I was doing just as I was leaving. I offered to go get her and take her to see Chad and Tabitha's house, but she said Penny and Swayde were coming over. So, I went by Sonic to get something to eat and headed home. I ate and started cleaning the living room. I moved all the furniture out so I could sweep and mop, rearranged the furniture and was just finishing up when Vance came home around 3:00. I was soooo tired. I sat down outside for a few minutes to catch my breath and take in the beautiful weather.

It is so much calmer today than Thursday when the tornado hit Enterprise, AL. I have a friend that I've known since we were in elementary school together. She lives in Enterprise and works for Alabama Power. Yesterday at work, I tried to call her and emailed her. I didn't get a response until almost 4:00. She was okay, but her daughter and grandchildren were in their house when the tornado destroyed it. They were unhurt, but lost everything. Her son is a teacher at the high school. He was five feet away from the wall that collapsed on those children. He was unhurt, but had to help rescue students and see others who did not make it. Everybody in Enterprise and other areas that were hit by this tornado really need our prayers. My aunt sent me a blog of a young student who was one of the injured ones. The wall and lockers fell on him and he was being crushed by students climbing over the debris. Someone saw his fingers sticking out from under the wall and they started the rescue attempt. A coach held his fingers and talked to him the entire time. He said that is what kept him alive. He was finally freed and taken to a hospital. He had whiplash, a concussion and cuts and bruises, but the girl right next to him under the wall didn't make it. He said he knew that God saved him and had a greater purpose for his life. Yes, I believe He does. Let's please remember them in our prayers.




I wanted to post a couple of pictures of Daddy and the quilt that Sharon sent to him. Sharon, Daddy says thank you from the bottom of his heart. He wanted you to know that this is a very beautiful quilt and he will treasure it always. He lost the quilt that his mother made for him in the fire. He knows how much work goes into making a quilt since he watched her make them all of his life. I remember the quilting frame that Granddaddy made for her and she would set it up in the living room and have a quilting bee. It was always fun to watch those ladies quilt and talk. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood. Sharon, you did a beautiful job on this quilt. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with my dad. He will be forever grateful. So many people blessed him after the fire that destroyed all that he owned. Pam and Mike, Michelle's parents, sent clothes and they were a perfect fit. God is so good. He even knows who is the same size and lays it on their heart to send clothes. The VFW and AmVets raised money for him. We bought the TV and other things for the apartment with that money.
I think I will go color my hair. I'm beginning to look like a skunk with that white streak down the middle of my head! I wish I had the guts to just let it go gray. But after so many telling me last night (no, this morning at Coram's) that I didn't look like I was about to be 55, I think I'll color my hair a little longer. I don't want to look my age if I don't have to.
Good night and God bless.....................

No comments: